Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Teams: Sydney v Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    oops, from the hype I now recall that as Saint Jim winning that one too. Do you mean he's lost a GF as coach and he's still the greatest coach that ever breathed. This week I'm reading they are Top 4. Incidentally, are the Swans still in the AFL - the lack of coverage about them at the start of this year is breathtaking? I can't imagine any other team could finish 2010 in 5th and be completely dismissed in 2011.
    I watch all the AFL shows on FTA and Foxtel and honestly you'd swear it was the VFL again, there is nothing on any of these shows about any of the non-vic teams.
    The lack of respect we get from all forms of the media is staggering.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    According to AFL.com.au, Sumner, Pyke and Parker are the emergencies, meaning that Meredith and Bird come into the team. However, it is not clear if the final squad has actually been announced or if this is just because their format can't cope with the extended bench of 7. After comments last week about a query over Mumford's match fitness, surely we're not going into a game against Hille and Ryder with just White as his back-up????
    and Essendon bring in another ruckman in Bellchambers. This should be very interesting

I/C: Lonergan Lovett-Murray Bellchambers Howlett
    Emg: Davey Reimers Prismall

In: Bellchambers
    Out: Monfries

Veteran Site Admin
    Let's hope it pisses down with rain? Anyone know the forecast? It has been mostly dry for the last day or two but has never looked far away from threatening to bucket down.

On the Rookie List
    According to AFL.com.au, Sumner, Pyke and Parker are the emergencies, meaning that Meredith and Bird come into the team. However, it is not clear if the final squad has actually been announced or if this is just because their format can't cope with the extended bench of 7. After comments last week about a query over Mumford's match fitness, surely we're not going into a game against Hille and Ryder with just White as his back-up????
    This would be akin to throwing one of our best players a totally unfair task. Hille and Ryder are both very good,way too ruckwise for White and more than a handful for Mumford. I assumed Pyke ,once selected had to be on the interchange with Seaby playing a full game in the reserves.Does Horse have something else in mind? Personally I would have loved to have seen Goodes given license to ruck and run around for 10 minute bursts in the second half last week.Whether we will face a similar situation this week is debateable.No ,Pyke has to play!

Seriously?

No, seriously?

What? Strange...

Veterans List
    Surely that's just alphabetical order? Please!

I think they'll play White off the bench, and then push him forward when mummy is on, using white to ruck when necessary, not the best option, but we can ill afford to carry two ruckman with the sub rule
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Veterans List
    Nope it's true - from the Swans site:

"MIDFIELDERS Craig Bird and Brett Meredith have been brought into the Swans side for this weekend?s game against Essendon.

Senior coach John Longmire opted for more run when he named his final 22 this afternoon.

The ruck combination will be Shane Mumford and Jesse White, after the coaching staff opted not to include Mike Pyke this week."

Did all u guys think ugg was playing an April Fools joke when he posted the team an hour ago???
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I can see using White as a backup ruck to against Ryder, I know they're a very good combo but Ryder is the type of ruckman he would do well against.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

One ruckman against three. If it works Horse is a genius. If it doesn't I hope they don't persist.

Hopefully White will get more than 1 hitout this week.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast