Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Teams: Sydney v Essendon

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Bomberblitz are saying that Hille is out for two weeks. Perhaps the Swans had some inside info and are happy to let White square up against Bellchambers
    I'm uneasy. Let's hope that Hird hasn't learned from the Kevin Sheedy school of selection subterfuge

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Longmire surprises all again! Don't think anyone picked this bench

I/C: White Meredith Bird Rohan
    Emg: Pyke Sumner Parker

In: Meredith Bird
    Out: Seaby Sumner
    this probably would have been my last combination if someone asked me to list them all

I, in my naivety(sp?), thought that winning contested started with a ruckman hitting the ball to our teams advantage. Hard to do that with a not fully fit Mummy and part timer in White.
    I like White's game but surely Seaby, even not fully fit, brings more as a forward than Jesse does as a ruckman?
    Oh well, when Jesse is BOG tomorrow I give my apology and glowing praise to Horse, until then....
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    The answer is that Mummy is obviously match fit now. Mumford and Hille will go head to head and ruck for most of the game. Ryder and White will be their back ups and both play forward most of the game. I see no problem with that.
    I see a slight problem, shouldn't we be trying to make mis-matches, in our favour. Not just look at the opposition and try and match them. Shouldn't we choose footballers that will make Hird scratch his head through his lovely, flowing, golden tendrils
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Longmire surprises all again! Don't think anyone picked this bench

I/C: White Meredith Bird Rohan
    Emg: Pyke Sumner Parker

In: Meredith Bird
    Out: Seaby Sumner
    Swear I did.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I see a slight problem, shouldn't we be trying to make mis-matches, in our favour. Not just look at the opposition and try and match them. Shouldn't we choose footballers that will make Hird scratch his head through his lovely, flowing, golden tendrils
    Agreed, but I think they have done that. Don't think playing Pyke would have had Essendon scratching their head (no offence to Pykey)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    I hope Bird can finish the game. I thought Sumner would get a run with it being Marn Grook. Happy with Meredith though. He is ahead of Sumner.
    I want to be wrong - but I still haven't seen Meredith do anything near enough in volume of disposals or classy acts in his previous senior games. He is obviously rated by the selectors but I'm stuffed if I can see why. He hasn't really dominated in the ressies either has he?

Sumner looked a bit overawed last week. I'd like to see him given a more extended go in the seniors if a vacancy occurs.

I have this feeling that Bird won't pull up for this week and we might see Parker's debut.

Blog Entries
    Meredith Sub. Parker not playing.

Son of a bitch

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567