Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sydney Swans Reserves v GWS Giants

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Sydney Swans Reserves v GWS Giants

Sydney Swans Reserves v GWS Giants
    ANZ Stadium
    3rd April 10.50am

The last practice match before the Reserves begin their journey in the inaugural season of the North East Australian Football League (NEAFL).

Possible team list
    1. Seaby
    10. Currie
    11. Lamb
    17. Kennelly
    22. Sumner (senior emergency)
    23. Johnston
    26. Parker (senior emergency)
    28. McNeil
    30. Roberts-Thomson
    34. Johnson
    36. McKaigue
    38. Pyke (senior emergency)
    43. Kruger
    44. Otten
    45. Gordon
    46. Haren

+ Academy players/topups Potter, Guthrie, Lynch, Kenny, Wales, Thompson, Brain etc.

I'll try to post a list of the Giants players when it comes out.

Assumptions:
    Moore has failed his fitness test and that's why he wasn't selected for the seniors.
    All 3 emergencies should see some time as this is a home-based curtain raiser, one usually goes off after half time.
    No listed player restrictions.

Preview: The Giants were belted by the Swans seniors, but I wouldn't expect a thrashing at the hands of their junior counterparts. A good yardstick to use would be the pre-season match that GWS played against a AFL Canberra representative side, in which they went down by 12 points despite having 27 scoring shots to 19. This would indicate that the Giants will be one of the top teams in the league, and a real challenger to the Swans for the NEAFL (Eastern conference) title.

In any case, the Reserves should expect a more competitive hitout than in their past 2 practice matches which they both won by over 12 goals.

It'll get a bit more scrutiny than your regular Reserves trial.

Wonder where Johnson will play.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

If you drive to ANZ and haven't pre-booked, can you just park in another one of the parking stations and pay the $20. Realised no trains or buses to the ground early.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    If you drive to ANZ and haven't pre-booked, can you just park in another one of the parking stations and pay the $20. Realised no trains or buses to the ground early.
    If you get there before the Ressies P1 should still be available otherwise you should be sweet with P3.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    If you get there before the Ressies P1 should still be available otherwise you should be sweet with P3.
    Do you drive in and pay later? Do you know what the procedure is Big Al?
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Bas, there are no direct trains early, but if you get off at Lidcombe you can jump on the Olympic Park service from there.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Bas, there are no direct trains early, but if you get off at Lidcombe you can jump on the Olympic Park service from there.
    Thanks for that Ugg. I'll check the cityrail website out for times.

The Lidcome Cityrail link:

Welcome to CityRail

Trains running every 10 minutes from Lidcome. You can get a kebab or falafal walking back to the car!

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Do you drive in and pay later? Do you know what the procedure is Big Al?
    For most of them you can prepay so you don't have to queue up later. Assuming you rock up at a reasonable time (ie: NOT 10 minutes before game time), I have not had a problem rocking up to P3 or P4 without booking a ticket. A bit further from the stadium, however it is also much easier to get away after the game. P4 has a back exit that pretty much pops you right on the M4.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

GWS didn't get back to me regarding their playing squad for tomorrow so here's a complete list of their players (not including any topups who may play tomorrow). Also they didn't have the jumper numbers on their website so I had to collate them from some of their articles and have obviously missed some.

2. Curtly HAMPTON
    4. Israel FOLAU
    5. Dylan SHIEL
    6. Joshua BRUCE
    7. Kurt AYLETT
    8. Jeremy CAMERON
    9. Tomas BUGG
    10. Anthony MILES
    11. Jack HOMBSCH
    12. Sam SCHULZ
    13. Gerald UGLE
    14. Sam DARLEY
    18. Jarrod HARDING
    19. Simon TUNBRIDGE
    20. Alex CAREY
    21. Joshua GROWDEN
    24. Stephen CLIFTON
    25. Jimmi SAVAGE
    26. Jonathon GILES
    27. Andrew PHILLIPS
    28. Rhys COOYOU
    29. Ben CASLEY
    30. Damian WILLIAMS
    31. Jacob TOWNSEND
    32. Adam FLAGG
    34. Isaiah STEVENS
    35. Ben REID

?. Shaun EDWARDS
    ?. Tim GOLDS
    ?. Tim SEGRAVE
    ?. Adam TRELOAR
    ?. Mark WHILEY
    ?. Nathan WILSON

Also, don't forget to wind your clocks back an hour for daylight saving otherwise you'll be turning up an hour early!

I deliberately left the clocks as they were so that I would get ready super early and drive down and get into a carpark before the ressies game.

I looked at the parking at Lidcombe option but I thought, I gave up alcohol for health reasons and then I'm choosing to park at Lidcombe?

I spent many years catching the train home from Lidcome and running the gauntlet of the Regent's Park line late at night without any injury. Not chancing my luck now!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast