Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: ANZ Stadium vs SCG

I'll still go no matter what or where - it seems petty not to get out there and support your team for minor moans - but the banal blathering at half time is bloody annoying and the XXXX Gold is awful. Sort it out!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Regular in the Side
    The trip up from Canberra to hop on a train to Homebush just aint as exciting as the trip up from Canberra and the walk up to the SCG

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swansrule100 View Post
    ive only been to a couple of home games, two at each i think it is. As a fan i felt like when i went to the scg i was at the swans home ground- just the signs and offices, the set up, it felt like id finally got to go to a home game. ANZ just felt like someone hired the stadium for 2 teams to clash, wasnt anyones home ground
    That's sums up how I feel. Outside that, I have no huge issues with ANZ. I live in Bondi but don't find it particulalry difficult to get to. The atmosphere can be there but agreed that you really need 50,000 plus for that to happen. However, I seriously doubt GWS are going to help us when it comes to shifting a game or two back to the SCG. It will be years before they have anywhere near the fan base to use ANZ as their main base, facilities aside.

I'd support a 9-2 game ratio between the SCG and ANZ, with both scheduled smartly so that there are no competing factors on the day, the game is played at a reasonable time and the right two games are used - Swans vs Pies and Swans vs GWS.

One gripe is this - if the AFL is truly committed to growing the sport in Western Sydney, it needs to advertise these games heavily and get people to the ground. Only a few years back I recall seeing some really well-produced ads for select Swans home games that were pumped through the main channels prime time. They should consider this again - and I don't mean just a lame little ad telling people the game is on, I mean telling parts of the game's story like they did when they advertised in the lead up to the Marn Grook trophy match - sadly, these ads are long gone. If it's not worth telling people about, it's not worth doing.

Don't get me started on $6.50 mid strength XXXX Gold!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Don't get me started on $6.50 mid strength XXXX Gold!!!
    I've given the demon drink away for awhile so I didn't take notice of the beer prices on Sunday.

Those prices will lead to a call for arms!

Arms straight inside you jacket for that hidden hip flask or thermos filled with wine. Kmart has a very handy small one that would fit perfectly into a bulky inside pocket.

Not suggesting that anyone break the law or anything. Purely for medicinal reasons as the RWO Doctor ordered!
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    I've given the demon drink away for awhile so I didn't take notice of the beer prices on Sunday.

Those prices will lead to a call for arms!

Arms straight inside you jacket for that hidden hip flask or thermos filled with wine. Kmart has a very handy small one that would fit perfectly into a bulky inside pocket.

Not suggesting that anyone break the law or anything. Purely for medicinal reasons as the RWO Doctor ordered!
    Agreed! For the first time ever, I found myself actively considering such a response on Sunday. I don't mind paying $6.50 (but only just) - but I'll want full strength beverage that tastes at least a little bit like beer thanks. I smell a rat - this is not about responsible service of alcohol, it's about margins and Queenslanders, in that order.

BTW: for those wondering exactly how long this ANZ contract goes for, see second paragraph: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1225903182146 I strongly recommend you not read the rest of what Colless had to say.....

Regular in the Side
    I've adopted the sensible position of drinking a couple of bottles of wine over a nice long quality lunch prior to going to the game these days - it's a much cheaper and healthier alternative to drinking and eating at the ground

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I've adopted the sensible position of drinking a couple of bottles of wine over a nice long quality lunch prior to going to the game these days - it's a much cheaper and healthier alternative to drinking and eating at the ground
    I must say though that the chips at ANZ are pretty spectacular, almost perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    BTW: for those wondering exactly how long this ANZ contract goes for, see second paragraph: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1225903182146 I strongly recommend you not read the rest of what Colless had to say.....
    Sir Dick doesn't mince any words does he?

"Old, tired and antiquated" as someone said in the comments - much like our Chairman.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaussie View Post
    Yeah I was under the impression the contract runs till 2015 or 2016.

In any case, the Swans need to be careful not to alienate current and potential members from western Sydney (think alot of our 3 game superpass members are people in the west).
    I found it very interesting that the area on the forward pocket HF line at the Essendon Cheer Squad end of the ground was noticeably empty compared to normal games. From memory this is where the Superpass holders have their memberships, right?

Has the existence of GWS eaten into that ticket category? Because from the naked eye 1000km away it does appear it has.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

My Wife came back with the first round and I chastised her for buying light beer. She swore blind she ordered 'beer' and paid good money for it too. I went up end of 1st qtr and realised they were serving xxxx Gold, and then it all made sense. It's coloured water!

Jesus - they better be serving up proper beer at the SCG
    -

I still get cranky when I think we had the opportunity to build a world class stadium and they came up with that abomination of a ground. It is simply just an awful ground to watch footy at. One of the reasons I love Melbourne is that they got it exactly right with their stadia.

I'm Looking forward to the continued refurbishment of the SCG and hopefully when we have a 50k capacity the Swans will see sense and come home for good.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast