Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: ANZ Stadium vs SCG

Happy and I know it
    Jude lodges official complaint about ANZ surface: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1226033803359

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Sir Dick doesn't mince any words does he?

"Old, tired and antiquated" as someone said in the comments - much like our Chairman.
    Maybe.

But he's delivered us a much longed-for premiership, and perhaps more importantly, turned us into a respected part of the AFL community.

He's the leader the club had desperately needed for so long. Long may he reign.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Perhaps.

But he's delivered us a much longed-for premiership, and perhaps more importantly, turned us into a respected part of the AFL community.

He's the leader the club had desperately needed for so long. Long may he reign.
    God Save the Queen! Long may he reign indeed.

He's been in charge of the Swans for so long, we don't have anyone else to compare him to. How did "HE" deliver us the premiership?. He wasn't involved in recruiting the players nor was he involved in coaching them.

So we won the Premiership in 2005 and it is now 2011. He has a CEO to run the place.

He should do what Eddie did and sack the cheer squad because from what I hear, it's not much healthier than what theirs was. Didn't hear boo from them on Sunday.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Veterans List
    I'll tell you this, after playing our first three games at the G, Homebush & Subi, the boys are likely to be claustrophobic when they finally make it to the SCG. They might all just huddle in a pocket and start sobbing.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    They might all just huddle in a pocket and start sobbing.
    Similar to us supporters when we play the pies....

Maybe the ANZ lovers like Colless should ask the players where they want to play. Not sure he'd like the answer.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    ...BTW: for those wondering exactly how long this ANZ contract goes for, see second paragraph: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1225903182146 I strongly recommend you not read the rest of what Colless had to say.....
    He's right though. I love the ground, hate the facilities. It's such a wonderful experience to go to games in Melbourne and be able to get to the loos, bar and back to your seat in the quarter time break. You're lucky if you can manage that at half time at the SCG.

From what I've heard, the SCG trust also had no interest in the Swans requirements at all until they took a few games away. And I don't love ANZ, but it's growing on me, and after the atmosphere from where I was sitting for the Carlton final last year, I might even like it!
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Regular in the Side
    The SCG Trust does have a long term plan, (delayed by the Global Financial Crisis), to substitute the old Nobel, Bradman, Messenger, and O'Reilly Stands, with modern, huge grand stands a la the new Trumper Stand. The plan is due to be completed around 2016, just when the ANZ/Homebush contract with the Swans is due to expire. The completed project would see a magnificent 50,000+ seat stadium, still retaining it's charm, (with the 2 old 19th grandstands intact), and intimacy.

I believe a 50,000 seated stadium is perfect for the Swans, with ventures to a larger Homebush being a rare, once every five year position.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Maybe the ANZ lovers like Colless should ask the players where they want to play. Not sure he'd like the answer.
    So what?

Colless is responsible for the longest period of sustained success this club has ever known. For that we should all be grateful, and quit the petty sniping.

To dismiss him as an "ANZ lover" is just plain immature.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    So what?

Colless is responsible for the longest period of sustained success this club has ever known. For that we should all be grateful, and quit the petty sniping.

To dismiss him as an "ANZ lover" is just plain immature.
    "Quit the petty sniping" and then you call me immature.

Hypocrite!!!
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    "Stop the petty sniping" and then you call me immature.

Hypocrite!!!
    They did say "quit" instead of "stop"- pretty immature to miss that.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    They did say "quit" instead of "stop"- pretty immature to miss that.
    What would we do without you Stell