Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: ANZ Stadium vs SCG

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Next year I'll be taking out an SCG only membership and using my RAS membership for ANZ games.
    What are the other benefits of RAS membership?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Unlimited entry to the Easter Show and access to the members area (I love the show - this is the main reason I have it)

Reciprocal Rights at ANZ (All NRL and Swans matches are free) The big matches (state of Origin, Grand Final, etc) have a ticket pre purchase scheme for members.

RAS Membership
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Sitting next to Big Al, Wardy and me naturally at ANZ games.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    I thought Cheer Squad said benefits. My error.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Next year I'll be taking out an SCG only membership and using my RAS membership for ANZ games.
    When it's sorted where GWS are going to play and what benefits are afforded RAS members then, it may be a good option...

Not to say it's not a good option now, just that the show is not on my bucket list, so in no rush...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    When it's sorted where GWS are going to play and what benefits are afforded RAS members then, it may be a good option...

Not to say it's not a good option now, just that the show is not on my bucket list, so in no rush...
    Triple B as part of my RAS membership they send out regular emails and the magazine. The RAS is particularly excited about the re-development of the Showground and the increase in capacity to 25,000.

Have a read of the following webpage and you won't have any doubt that all GWS home games will be included in the membership from next year. Spot Prince Vlad and Sheedy.

RAS News
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    It?s obviously a factor outside the club?s control but I?d be curious to know whether other supporters have had ?trackwork? experiences that they have needed to negotiate and has that impacted on their decision to attend games at Homebush? Fortunately my wife drove my son and I to the ground on Sunday and picked us up afterwards, otherwise it would have entailed a train to Penrith, bus to Blacktown, a second train to Lidcombe, then a third train to Olympic Park from Lidcombe. Then in reverse order on the way home. A huge deterrent. Last year when we played Collingwood at Homebush, there was also trackwork. This time a bus took you (for some unknown reason) from Penrith into the city via the Lane Cove tunnel and the Harbour Bridge, through the city to Central. Then a train to Olympic Park from there.

Not sure what the solution is, and I?m sure it happens on other lines as well, but it seems odd that it seems to happen whenever there is a Homebush game. Maybe some dialogue between the club and the SRA, or the provision of shuttle buses going to directly to the ground from where the railway buses leave.
    Railcorp plans it's track maintenance schedule two years in advance, so it is on the AFL/Swans to see if they can pick a weekend where there is no maintenance work carried out around Sydney.
    Sydney Swans - Finals bound in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    now if that doesn't increase RAS membership - nothing will!!!

ANZ On Sunday was odd - I think it was because the usual bar at the end of our aisle was shut (HOW DARE THEY!) - But ANZ does have good bathroom facilities which the SCG (in the noble stand particularly) lack. the parking is good - but thats where it pretty much ends for me (and each to their own)

I park at the Uni for SCG games - sure the buses start only about 2 hours before the game so as I go to watch the reserves I just get a cab to the ground for when the gates open- and get the bus back to the Uni afterwards - am normally from seat to home within about an hour. Its great for those of us coming from the south. I guess we will never be as transport/stadium savy as Melbourne, which isnt such a bad thing really because it makes the trips down there all the more special. (and thats only my girly opinion before any of the ANZ lovers shoot me down!)
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789