3 5.88%
  • Eagles - between 20 and 39 points

1 1.96%
  • Eagles - 40 points or more

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Round 3 - West Coast

Round 3 - West Coast

Ah, for the good old days when the Swans and the wicked Weagles ruled the roost...

This is a difficult match to tip. West Coast have won their first couple of games against relatively lowly opposition. On the other hand, we've barely made amends at the MCG for a shocker against the Demons last year, and narrowly knocked the high flying Bombers off their perch.

Remember the last time we played West Coast at Subi, in 2008? They'd been getting towelled up by every man and his dog that season, and we all thought we'd have our very own percentage booster against them. Instead, we barely fell across the line, after allowing ourselves to fall way behind at half time.

Centrebet is rating Saturday's game as something of a close thing. And I think it will be too.

Match drawn.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    They have lost two stars, but still have a few left. We should beat them, but I wonder if we've got over our reluctance to put a lesser adversary to the sword. I'd like to see a little more Blood-thirstiness. 3 goal win.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

The Weagles have beaten 2 teams that won't figure in the finals this year so it's hard to judge their form. Swans will get a lift from a corageous effort last week and should probably have too much class. Swans by 26
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

If the Swans have aspirations of finals footy, then this game is a should win and a must win. Swans by 38
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Don't overlook the weather. It's been stinkin' hot in Perth for 4 months. The hit out at ANZ Stadium will help us in that regard though. We'll win though, especially with the injuries the Weagles have got.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    The Weagles have beaten 2 teams that won't figure in the finals this year so it's hard to judge their form. Swans will get a lift from a corageous effort last week and should probably have too much class. Swans by 26
    Our biggest win against them in Perth was 27 points, and that was way back when the Eagles entered the competition in 1987!

It seems our style of play just doesn't favour winning big in the west.

Ugg - You have some explaining to do.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    We will win by about nine points.
    McGlynn to kick the winner after crumbing from Bevo.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Longmire is being interviewed on 6PR in a couple of minutes

Listen online here -> Media Pop Up Player

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I'd like to see a little more Blood-thirstiness.
    This. I wish we'd stop taking our foot off the pedal the moment we pull ahead, then scramble to catch up when we're again overtaken. Especially against the Eagles! A good total stomping win-by-a-bamillion-goal victory would be so satisfying.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Ugg - you got some 'splainin' to do.
    I'm 0/2 so far, I thought I better ensure I'm 0/3

I sincerely hope we rip them a new one.
    Be it a small tear or a gaping hole ... either way, I'll be happy as long as we win.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast