Thread: Congratulations East Coast, Manly, Riverview & UNSW-ES

Almost Football Legend

Congratulations East Coast, Manly, Riverview & UNSW-ES

It was a warm day at Blacktown today, but it was a red-hot first half by East Coast that decided the grand final. Congratulations to East Coast on achieving the three-peat. They put on another sensational display of footy today, they know how to rise to the occasion. Over the last three years they've been the benchmark in Sydney footy; and it'll be interesting to see how they go in the NEAFL. I don't think they'll be pushovers.
    Since the divisional structure was introduced, we've seen senior teams dominate over reserves in Div 1; and we saw that again this year. But Manly were easily the standout, and even though Southern Power put up a fight and refused to let the Wolves run away, they always looked the better side.
    A bit of an upset in the Under 18s, with Riverview coming up from the elimination final and then knocking off East Coast. There's some good footballing talent at that school, and the spirit they showed today was exceptional. And the school community they brought with them put on a great atmosphere at that game.
    UNSW-ES were the standout team all season in Div 3, but the grand final was a tough battle for them; especially when Sydney Uni hit the front early in the last quarter. The Bulldogs ran away at the end, but it wasn't easy for them.

Congratulations to all four teams. In the 8 divisions in Sydney footy, we've had 8 different clubs taking the premiership - good to see the premiership glory being spread around. Having so many different clubs involved in grand final day would have helped the crowd figure. UNSW-ES at the gate and Campbelltown in the canteen would have had some great takings today.

More thoughts later - I'll be uploading the RWO match report later. Also I took a @@@@-load of pics today, so I'll put up some links to some photo galleries a bit later; once I've sorted and uploaded them.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Fantastic effort by East Coast! 3 in a row is just ridiculous! Well done to Balmain too - great achievement to get to where they are & no doubt will have a successful couple of years ahead!
    In every game there is going to be a cross-road, and when you get to that cross-road you either step up, or you step down!

Almost Football Legend
    RedAndWhiteOnline's wrap of the Grand Final action is now online.

Also I've uploaded some photo galleries of yesterday's action. If you won a premiership medal yesterday, congratulations - and I took a pic of everyone getting their premiership medal.

Div 3 Grand Final
    Div 3 After the Game
    Under 18s Grand Final
    Under 18s After the Game
    Div 1 Grand Final
    Div 1 After the Game
    Premier Div Grand Final
    Premier Div After the Game

If any of you want to use any of these for your club websites, you're welcome to.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

A remarkable effort for the Eagles, 3 in a row, and, if they weren't moving their seniors up a grade next year, you'd put the house on them as morals. Congrats. Have seen all the celebratory pics and posts on Facebook from the boys I know from junior footy while I was away, great to see after the constant bagging of them on this forum over the years. Also good to see young Hawkesbury junior Leif Stuart with a premiership at 17, well done fella.

Also notice the might of the Murray, Albury Tigers win their 3rd flag in a row. Would be great to see a face-off between these two teams for a 'state title', although I'd back Albury by a distance in that one.

Congrats to all teams this year, great spread of success being a testament to divisional structure working well.

Great win by Riverview U18s - any chance of an Old Ignations Senior Cub?

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Great win by Riverview U18s - any chance of an Old Ignations Senior Cub?
    Next years structure will be interesting. Will East Coast have NEAFL, PD and Div 1 still?

Heard a rumour about Iggy's looking to field a senior side, along with Gosford joining in the lower divisions Sydney AFL next year. Congrats to all winners and runner-ups on the day. The two week's of grand finals produced some classy stuff. Can't help to think that some of the East Coast 18's banter on social media might have been a great help to Riverview to cause the biggest upset of the GF's

Penrith looking to have a 3rd senior side next year, along with a ladies team.