11 16.92%
  • Cats - between 20 and 39 points

1 1.54%
  • Cats - 40 points or more

1 1.54%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 4 - Geelong

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    There was a time in that record that the Swans couldn't win a game no matter where it was, I remember. They were woeful & the Sydney home record suffered according to how bad we were. Look from about '96 onward to see the win/loss record & let's not even bother with anything before. I know we won a few in the Eddleston times but before & after we were just dreadful & lucky to still be in the comp.
    If you want it from '96 onwards, their record is 4 wins, 6 losses - but it was so very nearly 5-5.

It'll be another heart stopper.
    I can't take much more!! I'm seriously going to pop an artery.

A LOUD home crowd will help.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Looking forward to venturing up to the SCG- I think it will be a cracker of a match. Geelong have come back to the pack this year a bit (Although they still look formidable) and I think although our skills aren't great at the moment, we are improving. After the get out of jail in Perth and the thoroughly enjoyable evening I had over there, I'd love a 5 or 6 goal comfortable win, but being the Swans its hardly likely. I'd just love a win however, as it would leave us sitting very nicely going into our 1st bye of the year.

The next 5 games are very important for our season- 4 of them at the SCG and the other at Manuka . After that we have 6 home games and 8 away matches for the rest of the season. If we want to finish top 4, we really can only afford to drop 1 of those 5. That will be tough considering we have Geelong, Carlton (though our recent results against them are good), Doggies in Canberra (50/50 but I think we can beat them), Port (This should be the easiest of the lot) and Hawthorn (Tough). Take 16 points minimum from that bunch and we will have set ourselves up nicely for a real shot at finishing in the top 4.

Swannies by a kick in another nailbiter... and hopefully the sight of Mooney crying like a little girl to go with it again!

On the Rookie List
    This Geelong game will be an interesting test for the belief of the experienced boys and the courage of the kids. I don't think we can afford the clangers of last week and expect to get away with a win.

My view is that this is a very winnable game for the Swans but the the boys will have to take it to another level again. The performance needs to be more polished.

The big performers from last week look like they can go further; Mummy and Rohan can improve yet again. Need more from ROK and Macca.

Swans by 2 goals.
    The Pain of Discipline is Nothing Like The Pain of Disappointment

Veterans List
    And Jude needs to lift if he's going to keep his place. 19 tackles - that leaves three of the opposition untackled. It's not good enough. Man up.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    - that leaves three of the opposition untackled. It's not good enough. Man up.
    Might be difficult to "Man Up" if you're Untackled.......

Regular in the Side
    For the sake of my health I hope it's not another close game. Swans by 24.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    3 goals plus. IF the midfield does the job, and IF our kicking is a little less wayward.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I'm with the If Crowd. If we kick straight, and if we play four full quarters (the curse of the Third Quarter Nap, &c), we can win. It'll be tough no matter what.

Senior Player
    Having a look at the teams from the 2005 Semi Final just out of curiosity. Jeez there's a lot of Cats still there.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Geelong looked mortal yesterday.
    They always do down at that dump of a joint kardinia park, or whatever it is known as now. Teams really should not bother venturing down there, you really dont have a hope in hell of winning....anyway onto the game on sat, I think it will be very tough to win, even at the SCG. They are near full strength and are still a VERY GOOD side. I believe they might just have a little too much for us in the end unfortuneately. Cats by 9.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I picked a slight win by the Cats and hope to be proven wrong (with a Swans win and not a big win by the Cats).
    The last few games may have used up our good luck for a couple of weeks.??
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast