Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's time for a Mcveigh thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    There wasn't a difference. That's my point. On Baller states "worse captain" and there quite clearly was.
    How'd I know you'd say that .

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    How about "All of our captains should be NSW born and bred boys unless you have won at least two Brownlows"
    Hanners??

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Hanners??
    ...at least two Brownlows and/or a Rising Star.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    As you would say,what a load of malarky.2 things a skipper needs its the respect of the coaching group,respect of the playing group.They are also the ones who appointed him and I'd like to think they are better judges of his temprament.
    I agree with u Triple B...................Macca has a job to do now and that wont be too different to Kirky..........ie Goodes is our player of players Brownlow medalist but I want him Goodesie not to be thinking about all the stuff a Captain has to..........thats Macca's job.......let Adam focus on best in ground which he arguably has been three weeks in a row............it is critical that all the other players in our squad (and a lot are emerging still remember !) can focus on developing their indv game within the team structure while Macca can tag when we need him to Tag, speak when we need him to inspire, and attack when the opportunity arises......organise the midfield.............Macca and ROK now have the selfless roles and that is matching up on key players from other teams...........Macca more in the midfield and ROK anywhere on the field

That is a true Captain a player that gives 110% and plays the selfless roles when the team needs him too................it was only a few weeks ago that we all said how wonderful Macca's speech was...........and yes Macca's performance have not been his best the last few weeks....... but he will rise up....just a few more weeks in the role and he will feel like he deserves it and especially when the passes stick.

I feel that this maybe the most even comp we have seen in years...........all three teams can beat any team on their day and we hung in there..........winning at Subi is a great effort and that crowd was amazingly vocal and screaming from the top of their lungs

Jack has earned the right now to stay outside for large parts of the game and push through the middle high in attack when needed. Kennedy and Bolts to win the contested footy every week without doubt......... Jetta and Hannes wider of the ruck.......
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Warming the Bench
    How many times last year did people call Goodes to flashy to be a captain or Kirky's last season was he always in our best team on the form he showed , Leo Barry now that was heart in the mouth stuff or as Tony Lockett once said if Paul Kelly could only hit the target 75 times out of 100 and not 25 times out of a 100 he would have kicked 200 goals in a season and as for Barry Round you wern't game to look when he was shooting for goal as you didn't know where it was going to go. It is always easy to find faults in people and McVeigh has been a whipping boy on this site for a long time, so lets start looking at the things that he does well and remember he wouldn't have the job as captain if the club as a hole didn't think he could handle it.

Saw Macca doing a lot of chat during the game, a lot of chat.

Guess that's a criteria he now needs to get marked on.
    -

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123