View Poll Results: Greatest swans moment?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nick Davis #4 goal - 2005 Semi-final

21 27.63%
  • Plugger's point - 1996 Prel Final

5 6.58%
  • Plugger's 1300th goal

1 1.32%
  • Final Siren 2005 -Grand Final

11 14.47%
  • Leo Barry mark - 2005 Grand Final

29 38.16%
  • O Loughlin v Fat Bastard 2006 Qual Final

2 2.63%
  • Trent Dennis Lane tackle - 2010 Qual Final

0 0%
  • Paul Kelly goal v Kangaroos Round 4 1999

0 0%
  • Barry and Roos lift cup - 2005 Grand Final

6 7.89%
  • Amon goal final quarter - 2005 Grand Final

1 1.32%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Greatest Swans moments of all time.

ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Glenn's Avatar
    So many choices, but had to go with the lifiting of the cup ending a 72 year drought.
    Premiers 09,18,33,05

"You Irish Twit", Quote attributed to a RWO member who shall remain nameless.

Still to hard.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Warming the Bench
    I chose Leo Barry's game winning mark but i also could have easily picked

2. Jude/Buch's last qtr GF
    3. Sitting at the G for the Prelim final against the Saints and watching their supporters leave after copping abuse for supporting the Swans (and no other reason)
    at the elimination final the year before.

Special note - For my man Plugger's 1300th but that was more of an individual moment rather than for the Swans

I agree that Roo's "HERE IT IS" ought to be there. Along with That Mark (plus "Leo Barry, you STAR!"), they're the two Swans moments that just thinking about can bring tears to my eyes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob-bloods View Post
    ... snip ...
    huge score versus essndon 1985 or 6..was it 237 to 70 odd
    Rnd 17 5.4 15.8 23.13 36.20 236 Essendon 5.2 8.2 10.5 11.7 73 W 163

(source: RWO Wiki )

This was the middle of three games where we kicked 30 + goals per week.
    Eagles in round 16, Bombers in round 17 and Tigers in round 18

Wow i remember having these 3 games on video for years until they became unwatchable after too many viewings,as a few have said its so hard as theres so many great moments.Who remembers the game in 96 i think against the Tiges at waverley on a cold rainy day and the tiges kicking a goal to hit the front with seconds to go only for the ump to pay a shepherding free against Richo to Dunkley when the ball had actually sailed 10 metres above their heads,Dunks should of got an academy award nomination that day,or that run of games in 96 when we beat pretty much everyone we played in melbourne including the blues and north at optus oval with Dunks again towelling up Carey.Just on Dunkley how good could he have been if he could kick better,in my book he was one of the best pack marks the swans have had in years.

Quote Originally Posted by On-Baller View Post
    Wow i remember having these 3 games on video for years until they became unwatchable after too many viewings,as a few have said its so hard as theres so many great moments.Who remembers the game in 96 i think against the Tiges at waverley on a cold rainy day and the tiges kicking a goal to hit the front with seconds to go only for the ump to pay a shepherding free against Richo to Dunkley when the ball had actually sailed 10 metres above their heads,Dunks should of got an academy award nomination that day,or that run of games in 96 when we beat pretty much everyone we played in melbourne including the blues and north at optus oval with Dunks again towelling up Carey.Just on Dunkley how good could he have been if he could kick better,in my book he was one of the best pack marks the swans have had in years.
    I travelled down for all of those games. Hayden Kennedy gave us that free but has punished us ever since for that 'questionable' decision. It was also the game that effectively ended Scott Direen's career when he got creamed by Merenda from memory, fairly I may add, when Troy Gray delivered a hospital short kick across field on half back. Direen missed many weeks with concussion and never came back the player he was.

The game at Princes/Optus/Visy/Whateveratthetime Park against North was special. Plugger had 1 up until halftime and kicked 10. Roos' 300th and Maxfield's 100th as well.

The day we beat Carlton, which also broke a record run of home wins for Carlton was possible the most enjoyable game I have ever spent at the footy, 2005 GF aside. There was a pretty large group of us and we managed to get tickets to watch the game from the bar of the Carlton Social Club. The inmates were ready to kill us by the end of the game. Such fun...lol
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Youv'e got a great memory Triple B,i was also lucky enough to be at every melbourne game that year and it was a real turning point for the club that had for so long been easybeats away from home bar the occasional miracle win,another great game that year was vs the bombers at the 'g' which i think we may have lost but my lasting memory from that day was plugger running flat out from the goal square all the way to the wing chasing Barnard [i think]and laying a bump that had every person in the crowd oohing and arring.

Quote Originally Posted by On-Baller View Post
    Youv'e got a great memory Triple B,i was also lucky enough to be at every melbourne game that year and it was a real turning point for the club that had for so long been easybeats away from home bar the occasional miracle win,another great game that year was vs the bombers at the 'g' which i think we may have lost but my lasting memory from that day was plugger running flat out from the goal square all the way to the wing chasing Barnard [i think]and laying a bump that had every person in the crowd oohing and arring.
    He did his groin in that incident and missed the "Syyydddnnneeyyyy" game against West Coast and the the 1st Final v Hawthorn.

The birth of that chant is another great moment in our history.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I travelled down for all of those games. Hayden Kennedy gave us that free but has punished us ever since for that 'questionable' decision. It was also the game that effectively ended Scott Direen's career when he got creamed by Merenda from memory, fairly I may add, when Troy Gray delivered a hospital short kick across field on half back. Direen missed many weeks with concussion and never came back the player he was.

The game at Princes/Optus/Visy/Whateveratthetime Park against North was special. Plugger had 1 up until halftime and kicked 10. Roos' 300th and Maxfield's 100th as well.

The day we beat Carlton, which also broke a record run of home wins for Carlton was possible the most enjoyable game I have ever spent at the footy, 2005 GF aside. There was a pretty large group of us and we managed to get tickets to watch the game from the bar of the Carlton Social Club. The inmates were ready to kill us by the end of the game. Such fun...lol
    So many great memories of 96. The Richmond game where Plugger kicked his 100th and 12 for the day was very special. He was at the peak of his powers that afternoon.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

100% correct Triple B. I was only 9 at the time but footy was as important to me then as it is now and that Carlton game (along with the 2003 QF against Port) is as good a day as I've ever spent at the footy. It really showed that the win over North two weeks earlier was no fluke and that we were genuine contenders. Kouta and Kelly were the best two players on the ground - I must have watched the replay 50 times.

And surely you didn't 'enjoy' the 2005 GF?! Great day in the club's history but I didn't enjoy one second of it, until that siren went.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

It may have been against a lowly Fitzroy that was on its last legs, but Plugger's 16-0 against them (round 19 1995, Whitten Oval) was a pretty cool time as well. He would have broken Fanning's record that day had he not been accidentally benched for 10 minutes.
    10100111001 ;-)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast