View Poll Results: Greatest swans moment?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nick Davis #4 goal - 2005 Semi-final

21 27.63%
  • Plugger's point - 1996 Prel Final

5 6.58%
  • Plugger's 1300th goal

1 1.32%
  • Final Siren 2005 -Grand Final

11 14.47%
  • Leo Barry mark - 2005 Grand Final

29 38.16%
  • O Loughlin v Fat Bastard 2006 Qual Final

2 2.63%
  • Trent Dennis Lane tackle - 2010 Qual Final

0 0%
  • Paul Kelly goal v Kangaroos Round 4 1999

0 0%
  • Barry and Roos lift cup - 2005 Grand Final

6 7.89%
  • Amon goal final quarter - 2005 Grand Final

1 1.32%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Greatest Swans moments of all time.

Needs "Here it is!". I know it's sorta covered by Roos and Hall lifting the cup, but it's its own moment, needs its own option.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Needs "Here it is!". I know it's sorta covered by Roos and Hall lifting the cup, but it's its own moment, needs its own option.
    Agree. Sends a shiver down the spine every time I hear it.

On the wing
    Agree with all the posts particularly the 2003 PF against Port. I have it on video. At one point the camera shines on a Port lady, she with all the other Port people, has this perplexed look on her face "Come On Port!" she wails in a disbelieving plaintiff voice. The same game Leo Barry makes a massive lunge in front of Gavin Wanganeen to spoil a mark and certain goal, hurts himself as he crashes to the ground, a stunning movement of the ball from HBF across the ground to Darryn Creswell who runs in, stutters, steadies and bangs a goal through (early last quarter), Barry Hall rushing to the wing to contest boundary throw -ins and keeps on knocking it out wasting valuable minutes , the bump on Kirk of course, Tim Lane making the comment "Everyone thought it was going to be a one-sided affair - trouble is its the wrong team" and then finally after the game - and I don't know if it is caught on tape - Darryn Cresswell pulling out his red and white jumper and showing it to the baying crowd.

And as a final postcript - the win got the Swans into the Prelim Final against Brisbane and channel ten had the "Sorry" introduction - 'The following people might like to apologise to the Sydney Swans. These experts said Sydney would finish last. Tonight they are playing for a place in the Grand Final".

On the wing
    The 1996 home and away game at Optus Oval - Paul Roo's 300th where he was easily BOG with a mattress strapped to his thigh was another one of my great highlights .

Quote Originally Posted by Nolie View Post
    And as a final postcript - the win got the Swans into the Prelim Final against Brisbane and channel ten had the "Sorry" introduction - 'The following people might like to apologise to the Sydney Swans. These experts said Sydney would finish last. Tonight they are playing for a place in the Grand Final".
    Which is still on you tube if anyone wants to find it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Which is still on you tube if anyone wants to find it.
    At your service

(I'll add it to the RWO Youtube channel ...)

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    At your service

(I'll add it to the RWO Youtube channel ...)
    Well done! and still the media haven't learnt their lesson with the Swans, it could happen again this year.

THANK you Frog, go and have a look everyone, I think it is Brilliant! Taa for that you old Tragic you.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567