Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Message from Nick Davis

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by On-Baller View Post
    Great to see Nick back around the club,however im not sure we need to build this game up,i hope in the inner sanctum that 05 hasnt even been mentioned,you can bet Davis's albeit innocent comments and 05 have been relayed to people down at sleepy hollow.Might sound stupid but i dont think we need to give the cats any extra incentive to win this week,surely dragging this game up is like a red rag to a bull for Ling and co.
    I tend to agree but I daresay this was contrived to ensure a big interest in the game and address early season perceptions of flagging attendances.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Davo's looking great.

Seeing that last goal bought a tear to my eye ... just like that big girl Mooney.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    While we're posting videos, here's Davis' four goals. I always forget how good three of them were, and the mark on the other too.

Its so easy to just remember that final goal, but just how good was his 3rd goal. Great pickup, fantastic fendoff, then to bend one from there round the body off a couple of steps... simply sensational.

I will never forget that night as long as I live. I was behind the posts at the end where all the action was and in an absolute state of shock at the end. I get chills every time I watch that footage
    Red & White forever.

Good description D, shock. I was up the other end, so far away from the action, and all I wanted to do was go home and replay the recording to see exactly what happened. No voice, no legs, nothing left at the end of it...
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    I was down the business end behind the goals too, but I thought someone else, maybe Kenneally, had kicked the winner, until I was told 5 minutes later what had happened. Amazing.

I was in the Noble and my mate text me from the Brewongle Concourse 'I love Nick Davis, I want to have his babies'....

Scary...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Veterans List
    I was on the SW 50 metre line, front row and screaming "there's no time, there's no time" when the ball went through. I've seriously never experienced a wave of sound like the one that washed over us in that second. The whole stadium shook. Then we were all laughing and hugging and I think I ran into every supporter I know over at Fox Studios where the party continued well into the next morning.

Senior Player
    I watched it on tv

Well it was a projector setup so that was nice, and my mate who was hosting was a cocky cats supporter that had a few tears down his cheeks. A few beers hadn't helped his emotions, but my joy was curtailed after a bit.

Blog Entries
    Best individual quarter of football ever

i remember at 3 quarter time i was so annoyed we were out of another finals series, i was discussing the game at that stage and i remember saying only bloody nick davis has impressed me tonight, ended up impressing me a lot more in the 4th quarter. When is his comeback?
    Theres not much left to say

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast