Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Message from Nick Davis

Message from Nick Davis

Received an email from the Club to go to this link to get a message from Nick:

Swans TV - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club

No KFC to be seen anywhere.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

There's a KFC "Super Variety Bucket" hidden in the trophy behind him

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bless him. Great to see him back within the folds of the club. I never tire of watching that footage.
    Nice interview with as well
    Swans TV - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club

Veterans List
    Bugger. I wish there was just once I could watch that and not choke up and not find tears in my eyes.

The Premiership was relief and joy but Nicky D was pure unadulterated joy.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    The single most emotionally memorable moment in the time I've been watching the Swans.
    I am very pleased to see the ways he has been asked to continue contributing to the club. The legend will keep growing, and for once the reality matches it.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    I did wonder if they'd wheel him out for this game - good on him, certainly one of the great sporting moments of my life, and I've seen a few.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    I did wonder if they'd wheel him out for this game - good on him, certainly one of the great sporting moments of my life, and I've seen a few.
    I wish I had of been at the SCG for that game- however it was the first season I'd been able to get to games and while I didn't get to any finals I was there for the naibiting win against Collingwood at ANZ and a couple of other good wins. I remember that night distinctly. I'd been peforming in the orchestra pit and had been doing my best to keep an eye on the score. When I left the pit it was just after half time, and when I got home the final quarter was just about to begin. I was buggered and almost decided to go straight to bed, but something made me turn on the television (Some faint hope of a miracle) and the rest was history! There have been some brilliant individual performances by many a swan over the years, but that last quarter by Davis himself ranks right up there will all of them. I still almost cry whenever I see that wonderful footage. The 3AW call of it is absolutely superb as well with Clynton Grybas- the wonderful line from one of the co-commentators (rex hunt maybe?) about not hearing a bigger roar if 1000 people won tattslotto in Broadmeadow is brilliant Also the "oh no, oh no, oh no!" from Rex Hunt- what a sweet victory. If they want to pump the crowd up on Saturday night, they just need to show those last quarter highlights on the big screen and the place will rock.

I am really looking forward to Saturday- its a big game for us and imo for our season. if we can knock off Geelong and build on the good start (At least in the points column, maybe not so far in the complete performance) then it might just prove a real coming of age season for some of our younger guys and we might just stamp ourselves as genuine top 4 contenders. If that happens then we are in for a fine season indeed. I certainly haven't felt as optimistic about our chances since 2006/early 2007 season.)

Now that mcs has referenced it I think we can watch that 3AW call over the Channel 10 footage, don't you agree?

10100111001 ;-)

Thanks laughing! Brilliant. Gonna have to keep that call somewhere in my computer for future sneaky peaks.

Oooohhh. Didn't know i could do that......oh my......add another string of knowledge to my bow.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Epic. I could watch it everyday. In fact - whenever someone is having a rough day, send them this clip. It's message is powerful and transcends just sport I reckon! There is another clip somewhere which shows Kirky going up to him and serving it up to him over his defensive lapse, seemingly demanding he repay the Team. What an answer. God bless Kirky. Let's not forget how instrumental he was in bringing the best out of Davo that night.

Can we get the last quarter put to the radio, much preferred that version
    One vege patch at a time
    www.onegreenacre.com
    Looking for a beer? Look here,
    www.whereisthepub.org

Great to see Nick back around the club,however im not sure we need to build this game up,i hope in the inner sanctum that 05 hasnt even been mentioned,you can bet Davis's albeit innocent comments and 05 have been relayed to people down at sleepy hollow.Might sound stupid but i dont think we need to give the cats any extra incentive to win this week,surely dragging this game up is like a red rag to a bull for Ling and co.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast