Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SCG Crowds in 2009 and 2010

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Must admit I was disappointed with the crowd number but you do make a very good point. I like you will come in Rain or Shine ( I draw the line at Hail... Ouch) but in weather like that you can understand those who are in the elements to stay home.

However if it's a fine night against Carton and we don't crack 30k then we know we have a problem
    I'll be there for the Carlton match and reckon that we will crack the 30k provided the weather behaves itself - I hope there's a bit of promotion of the game leading up to next Friday night..... I for one am looking forward to it already.

Some years ago I played a game in which it hailed for a quarter - double ouch!

However if it's a fine night against Carton and we don't crack 30k then we know we have a problem
    Maybe not - don't forget we have some royal competition that evening...

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Maybe not - don't forget we have some royal competition that evening...
    And it's not easy for lots of families to get everyone together to travel to the footy after work on a Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    And it's not easy for lots of families to get everyone together to travel to the footy after work on a Friday night.
    Yeah, tell me about it. I usually take a family member to SCG games, but it's just not possible on a Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    True, but I could almost guarantee for the Friday night game that this will be the largest 'walk up' ticket purchases of any of our home games. Working folk in the city hit the bars and then think, let's head up to watch the Swannies. Providing the weather is good, I reckon it will be an awesome crowd!
    Swannies for life!

25,000 is a great crowd

Awful weather and against a team we had no hope of beating. Against an interstate team too. Name me a Melbourne crowd vs an interstate team in terrible weather on a Sat. night in which home side are almost certain to lose where the crowd tops 25,000. NEVER.

Also Adelaide SHOWDOWN...ie 2 HOME teams...crowd = 33,000!!!

Also there was a big Mel game (Saints/Rich????) and the crowd was significantly less than 40,000
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

On the Rookie List
    Must admit I was disappointed with the crowd number but you do make a very good point. I like you will come in Rain or Shine ( I draw the line at Hail... Ouch) but in weather like that you can understand those who are in the elements to stay home.

How so??? How can the club control who rolls up besides trying to bump up the numbers through their marketing advertisements for the game?

Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    How so??? How can the club control who rolls up besides trying to bump up the numbers through their marketing advertisements for the game?
    Really don't care what the club can and cannot control. Poor crowds in Sydney ARE an issue for the club and especially for the AFL with GWS coming in. My point was that if we don't attract more than 30k on a fine night then the powers that be will consider it a problem.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

On the Rookie List
    Really don't care what the club can and cannot control. Poor crowds in Sydney ARE an issue for the club and especially for the AFL with GWS coming in. My point was that if we don't attract more than 30k on a fine night then the powers that be will consider it a problem.
    Of course poor crowds are an issue and yes I agree under 30K to the blues game is a so called problem, I dont see what the club or AFL or powers that be can do about it though, only so many people up there are interested in aussie rules, I think they (the AFL) just need to accept that that is the way it is with the swans (who mostly get pretty good crowds anyway) and scrap this waste of space team GWS and put a team down in tassie like what should of happened in the first place.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123