Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Post Game Analysis against Cats / reality check

I have been beside myself with despair after last night's game but all the people I text (and of course they barrack for other teams as I fly the flag practically by myself here) say that we didn't do that badly. Maybe they are being kind to me or we are being tooooo critical and pessimistic?

I love Teddy and Kennedy...(well there you go Teddy Kennedy!!!!!) and would like Mcglynn except for his roast to Reid. Sure he made a mistake but McGlynn misses targets too. Smith is great. Craig Bolton looked handsome in the stands......The Cats are still a good side

Very disappointed with Jimmy Bartel....rainy night and he didn't wear the long sleeves and his new haircut just didn't do it for me!!!
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Haven't had time to read all the posts, but Am I the only one to think that Mumms was monstered at least 5 times?

He was on the receiving end of being buried in the mud at least 5 times by 3 plus cats with head high contact. Why! How did they get away with it? Poor umping I would say but I didn't think the cats were dirty players, but I was wrong.

We had 4 kids who were born in 1991 on the ground. Experience is the issue. It will get better. No flag this year, but I can see good cohesiveness as a group (I am not counting the 4th). Its there, we need Bulldog back to steer the ship (yep, I do believe in his ability to read play way ahead of the action) and Pyke to work with Mumms; they are both capable of playing up forward very well indeed, it could be a major tag team if the PTB are game enough to try.
    I reckon he got a few frees for those indiscretions.

Quote Originally Posted by satchmopugdog View Post
    ....and would like Mcglynn except for his roast to Reid. Sure he made a mistake but McGlynn misses targets too.
    That deserved a roast. It wasn't a case of missing a target, all he had to do was move it forward, anywhere, just don't kick it out of bounds. McGlynn was in the goalsquare with barely a Geelong player inside 50.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

We are building a side at the moment with a lot of new faces so we will get nights like Sat night especially against the very good sides. If we're playing like that next year I'll be less tolerant but this year I'll put up with some poor performances.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Those of us Watchers who were at the Ressies game will tell you that Mike was BOG. Hows about that! Seaby, Kennelly, Moore, TDL, LRT, Meredith, these are senior players, and Mike was BOG. Kicked 4. Got to contests, etc etc. He was also an emergency for the Seniors game. Its only a matter of time.

Also Nico, I know Mumms got frees from being attacked, but sheeze, it was a bit vicious. Haven't the pussies gotten over the fact he left home and is living with us now?

I do want to say something in support of White. He had Scarlett on him, and S has towelled up BBB. Not shameful to be held, big learning curve, he hasn't had a stopper like that before if my memory serves me right (I have a shocking memory, except for footy stuff....).
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    We are building a side at the moment with a lot of new faces so we will get nights like Sat night especially against the very good sides. If we're playing like that next year I'll be less tolerant but this year I'll put up with some poor performances.
    What he said.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    That deserved a roast. It wasn't a case of missing a target, all he had to do was move it forward, anywhere, just don't kick it out of bounds. McGlynn was in the goalsquare with barely a Geelong player inside 50.
    But it looked like McGlynn lead to the boundary on TV and that's where Reid aimed it, only it was a crap kick.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    But it looked like McGlynn lead to the boundary on TV and that's where Reid aimed it, only it was a crap kick.
    McGlynn had every right to pay Reid out for that kick. He had run his butt off to set up a certain goal and the kick just had to be near him and in play . Age has nothing to do with a kick like that. It was probably the worst clanger which cost us a goal,worse than Everitt who actually appeared to handball legitimately after his brain fade.I thought he was a bit stiff as the Umpires had sometimes let that one go.If we take out our skill errors in front of our goals and our clangers in front of theirs, we would have been breathing down their necks!

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    When Reid first got the ball, McGlynn was jumping up and down in the goalsquare miles in the clear.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    When Reid first got the ball, McGlynn was jumping up and down in the goalsquare miles in the clear.
    The young bloke had a shocker but i'm not giving up my ticket to the bandwagon just yet. Good players learn more from their bad games than they do from their good ones so he'd have learnt a lot from that performance.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    We didn't play wet weather footy - simple. Too many times second to the ball, plus continued to try and play the dry weather style.

Wet weather means get in low and be in front. Keep the ball moving.. simple really
    sprite

Quote Originally Posted by Matimbo View Post
    How could you tell she was Dutch from the other side of the SCG???
    It must have been the pig tails and the basket of daffodils that gave it away.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast