Thread: Trades and money to spend and upgrade for 2012

Trades and money to spend and upgrade for 2012

Its fair to say that we have the most genuine depth we have had for a while.........and we will have some serious money come the end of this year from retirees and also players we have developed.

I think it is fair to say that we are a solid top6 team but not a solid top 3 team at this stage but another year under the belt for the likes of Everitt, Jetta, Rohan, AJ, TDL, White, Mummy, Birdy, Jack, Smithy etc etc and we are looking like a squad that will really challenge that top 3 while Goodes, Kennelly etc are still with us for that touch of class

I feel that we maybe able to cover the midfield and the backs but I would really like to see another fast and agile Flanker and a tall dominant forward to fill the Void that Goodes and Braddy will leave in the future

2012 could see these monies available

Jude $ 400k?

Braddy $500k and my guess is that if Daniel doesnt play enough games ie this year then his contract would say no 3rd year.........i would be amazed we would have signed anything more generous given his age and niggling injuries prior to joining

C Bolton $ 450k? must have been on close to this coin

Judes role can be covered to some extent by Birdy and or Macca continuing to step up and be our hard ball winners along with Kennedy who is doing it anyway but cant go alone without a Jude. I watched Birdy closely on the weekend and I am liking what I see. Confident and playing very tight to key players like shutting down Kelly etc.........I actually think he is ahead of Jude at the same age

Braddy is being covered by White and a developing Reid........these guys will continue to evolve

C Bolts - our guys are doing their best at the minute. Teddy, Grundy, AJ, Everitt are all doing their best and AJ and Everitt are learning real quick

But on top of that potential $1.35m we have also got some appealing players outside our 22 that will attract some better trading ability !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    How could you consider B1 at this stage???
    Last year he was looking good and played a couple of great games an then this year he has become even better. Barring an unforeseen injury I don't think you will have his salary to spend.

As for not having to pay out Bradshaw's contract I wouldn't be too sure about that. Would he have packed up the family for an ungaraunteed term? It would be interesting to know the details.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

just considering.........
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veterans List
    Bradshaw and Bolton open up a couple of spots to recruit 2 established players out of contract. Not all out of contract players wil want to go to GWS or Gold Coast. I am sure the recuiting people are already on the lookout, given the draft will be skinny at the top. Good discussion on SEN recently about clubs now not stressing out about missing out on high draft picks and they went through a number of high draft picks over about the last decade who were not around for long.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Its fair to say that we have the most genuine depth we have had for a while.........and we will have some serious money come the end of this year from retirees and also players we have developed.

I think it is fair to say that we are a solid top6 team but not a solid top 3 team at this stage but another year under the belt for the likes of Everitt, Jetta, Rohan, AJ, TDL, White, Mummy, Birdy, Jack, Smithy etc etc and we are looking like a squad that will really challenge that top 3 while Goodes, Kennelly etc are still with us for that touch of class

I feel that we maybe able to cover the midfield and the backs but I would really like to see another fast and agile Flanker and a tall dominant forward to fill the Void that Goodes and Braddy will leave in the future
    2012 could see these monies available

Jude $ 400k?

Braddy $500k and my guess is that if Daniel doesnt play enough games ie this year then his contract would say no 3rd year.........i would be amazed we would have signed anything more generous given his age and niggling injuries prior to joining

C Bolton $ 450k? must have been on close to this coin

Judes role can be covered to some extent by Birdy and or Macca continuing to step up and be our hard ball winners along with Kennedy who is doing it anyway but cant go alone without a Jude. I watched Birdy closely on the weekend and I am liking what I see. Confident and playing very tight to key players like shutting down Kelly etc.........I actually think he is ahead of Jude at the same age

Braddy is being covered by White and a developing Reid........these guys will continue to evolve

C Bolts - our guys are doing their best at the minute. Teddy, Grundy, AJ, Everitt are all doing their best and AJ and Everitt are learning real quick

But on top of that potential $1.35m we have also got some appealing players outside our 22 that will attract some better trading ability !
    Braddy wouldnt of left a void due to the number of games he has played so far and I dont think he will be playing too many this year either (hope im wrong). It's been pretty much like we havent recruited him with a return of around 9 games played out of a possible 29 or so. He wont be missed at all IMO. Goodsey on the other hand, well what can you say, he will never be able to be replaced or have a 'void' filled.