Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jetta signs contract extension

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    GWS have two years to recruit uncontracted players versus Gold Coast's one. I'd be very surprised if they don't snap up at least one Swan.

Quote Originally Posted by Chookbilly View Post
    I think it's been a blessing to have Gold Coast enter the comp a year before GWS.
    The big money will still be tempting, but potential recruits will have seen first hand the floggings gold coast are recieving every other week.

So I don't think there are going to be as many willing to leave, unless it's for better opportunities.
    Have a look at the talent Gold Coast have. They are going to be some side in a few years. If I was a Suns supporter I'd be so excited by watching the development of these young players.

The money, being part of history and playing with some of the best young juniors available will tempt some players I'm sure.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

I reckon that Bevan will most likely go to GWS.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I reckon that Bevan will most likely go to GWS.
    Wishful thinking??

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    A bit of a 'what if' question.

Apparently prior to the draft in which we nabbed Rohan and Jetta we offered Richmond pick 6 and 14 in exchange for pick 3, knowing Dustin Martin would be available given Melbourne's commitment to Scully and Trengrove.

No offence to either Rohan or Jetta, but after watching Martin's game yesterday against Norf, it's easy to see why we were so red hot on nabbing him.

On balance, I reckon we needed the pace of the two we got, but Martin is one mother...... of a player.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Wishful thinking??
    haha maybe. It makes sense though - feels hard done by, is a Western Suburbs boy and sought a trade last year. If he gets dropped at some stage this year and is out of the team for a while, he will go.

Would be a good get for GWS.

Don't forget free agency coming in at the end of this year.

So if GWS throws a bag of money at either Goodes, ROK, Bolton and anyone else who qualifies then it can become an issue.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Don't forget free agency coming in at the end of this year.

So if GWS throws a bag of money at either Goodes, ROK, Bolton and anyone else who qualifies then it can become an issue.
    I think we're pretty safe with Goodes and Jude, and probably so with ROK given he's stuck it out to this point in his career. It is the players in the 25-27 age range that will be at risk. We don't really have too many of those at the moment but our 19-24 year olds will get there sooner rather than later.

My guess is that GWS will target

i) Bevo
    ii) Pyke
    iii) ROK
    iv) a tall back ?........Spangher depending on contract??

I am guessing that ROK will be offered some decent coin to go to GWS which we probably cant match if we want to keep all our important youth..........where as Jude I think we can retain for one more year if he is keen and has the energy in the legs for another season as Kirky looked like he lost the spring in his step in his last year of footy.

I would be surprised if Luke Parker and Rohan are not ready for a midfield rotation 2012..........
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    My guess is that GWS will target

i) Bevo
    ii) Pyke
    iii) ROK
    iv) a tall back ?........Spangher depending on contract??
    wouldnt be the end of the world to lose any of those
    Theres not much left to say

young Tom Mitchell sounds very very exciting also hence me thinking we need to spread our money around the juniors next year

Swans swoop on Barry Mitchell's son
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    I'd imagine we'd have some cash to splash around too? Goodsey and perhaps ROK would come under the Vetren's list? I do not know the fine print, however, I think that means they are / would be exempt from the salary cap?
    From the AFLPA's CBA 2007-2011

13.2 Player is eligible for inclusion on an AFL Club?s Veterans List or to be classified
    as a veteran, on the Primary List if:

(a) the Player has been at the AFL Club on the Primary List for at least ten (10) years; and

(b)the Player is 30 years of age or older as at 30 September in the relevant AFL Season,
    and

For Total Player Payment purposes, a proportion (as set out in the following table)
    of Football Payments to each Veteran shall be excluded from Total Player
    Payments, such proportion to vary depending on the number of Veterans at each
    Club:

Number of VeteransPercentage of Football Payments Excluded from TPP
    I s'pose that is why some contracts are back ended, to limit the impact on the salary cap.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast