Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jetta signs contract extension

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    A bit of a 'what if' question.

Apparently prior to the draft in which we nabbed Rohan and Jetta we offered Richmond pick 6 and 14 in exchange for pick 3, knowing Dustin Martin would be available given Melbourne's commitment to Scully and Trengrove.

No offence to either Rohan or Jetta, but after watching Martin's game yesterday against Norf, it's easy to see why we were so red hot on nabbing him.

On balance, I reckon we needed the pace of the two we got, but Martin is one mother...... of a player.
    We had always targeted Martin in that draft at pick 6, we were red hot for him and you can see why immediately when he plays.

Unfortunately his draft testing was so good he went from 6 to 3 (picks 4 and 5 were already heading elswhere with for those clubs).

You can definately see why we offered picks 6 and 14 for 3 and I don't think any of us would be upset if that deal was done.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Senior Player
    Didn't Rohan say in an interview that he signed a three year deal??

Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    Didn't Rohan say in an interview that he signed a three year deal??
    I remember something similar. I thought we signed him on a 3 year contract when we drafted him.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    A bit of a 'what if' question.

Apparently prior to the draft in which we nabbed Rohan and Jetta we offered Richmond pick 6 and 14 in exchange for pick 3, knowing Dustin Martin would be available given Melbourne's commitment to Scully and Trengrove.

No offence to either Rohan or Jetta, but after watching Martin's game yesterday against Norf, it's easy to see why we were so red hot on nabbing him.

On balance, I reckon we needed the pace of the two we got, but Martin is one mother...... of a player.
    Richmond plays Martin every week so he is developing rapidly. Rohan has been our sub of the month for April. For crying out bloody loud get this bloke in the 21 and leave him there.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    We had always targeted Martin in that draft at pick 6, we were red hot for him and you can see why immediately when he plays.

Unfortunately his draft testing was so good he went from 6 to 3 (picks 4 and 5 were already heading elswhere with for those clubs).

You can definately see why we offered picks 6 and 14 for 3 and I don't think any of us would be upset if that deal was done.

DST
    Lets hope Mitchell lives up to expectations. If he is the best of his age then hopefully we get the equal of martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Richmond plays Martin every week so he is developing rapidly. Rohan has been our sub of the month for April. For crying out bloody loud get this bloke in the 21 and leave him there.
    i think Rohan is still best as an impact player for now..............in 6 rounds could be different ?

reason being he is not consistent enough yet in the larger minutes he played lat year and he has real impact when he strolls on in the last qtr
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    the way he's playing/has played, wouldn't mind if he went

I reckon if Pyke left he would find the reception outside of the Swans bubble less favourable, look at the criticism of Karmichael Hunt.

Senior Player
    Pyke's in front of Hunt, and is on 1.4mil less. So I think he'd be ok.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    My guess is that GWS will target

i) Bevo
    ii) Pyke
    iii) ROK
    iv) a tall back ?........Spangher depending on contract??

v) Tadhg? http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...427-1dwwf.html
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123