Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New TV deal

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B View Post
    You mean Matthew Campbell who pops up now doing adveritisng for one of the bettings agencies??? There was also Jason Bennett who wasn't too bad.
    Unless I'm going bonkers I'm sure Matthew Campbell still calls the odd game on Fox. Jason Bennett always used to annoy me (he constantly called the possession count as if it was the only thing that mattered) but he's on ESPN now. Tiffany Cherry's return would be more than welcome.

The big question though is are we going to see the return of Living With Footballers? It was compulsory viewing because of how awful it was! I hope we don't get Grumpy Old Men back.

Yeah it won't be the same without Clinton Grybas but Gerard Whately has brought a welcome voice of reason to their panel shows and I forecast an increased role for him on the new channel.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    When Fox Footy Channel was first released all those years ago, I already had Foxtel and they made me pay an extra $8 per month for the channel. I am suggesting that those that already have Foxtel will be slugged more, those that don't yet have Foxtel will be presented with changed subscription charges for the various packages. Nobody, gives nothing, for nothing. Especially not business. Ask the AFL who pays more ... the corporates or Joe blow and his Missus in the outer ... Guess where most of the Grand Final tickets go.

Expect to pay. It can't get worse.
    What Foxtel are after is around 100,000 to 150,000 new subscriptions from the AFL states. This is why a) they have paid top dollar b) why they have created a new station c) why they wanted all 9 games. AFL is their acquisition strategy and they are going all out.

The new channel will be free for Sports subscribers and they wont raise sub fees outside normal CPI type measures unless this strategy fails to gain the new subscribers they are after and I'd be shocked if it doesn't work for them (especially WA, live Friday night footy, unheard for them)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234