Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 7 v Bulldogs (Nipper Gordon to debut!)

Jack is reported to have an ankle medial ligament strain and may be out for 2 weeks. Goodsy is reported to be struggling with a left groin/hip issue but will probably play anyway. ( Could be why he didn't spend much time in the Mid friday night.)

Ah, that explains a bit about Goodes. I hope he recovers. We're going to need him if Jack is out.

Agree with most of what's been said above. Time for White to reacquaint himself with Canberra. Bevan started the season well but is too error-prone and we need to give someone else a chance - TDL or LJ.

Pyke's game was pretty good on Fri but Seaby might be a consideration because of his ability to kick goals.

Everitt was rubbish against Carlton but he's still our best option as sub because of his versatility. Plus,if he's not going to turn it up against his old club he never will.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

It seems almost certain that Kizza will be missing. So in addition to replacing those with poor form there are injury problems to address as well.
    If Grundy and or Johnson are fit that will release Sam Reid to go forward ? taking perpetual underperformer Jessie White?s place. For a small forward I?d prefer a talented goalkicker in TDL to a dedicated and hard tackling but talentless Bevan. Our forward line currently lacks somebody with the brains and footy smarts to find space. Bevan has neither.
    I think the country atmosphere at Manuka will really help Uncle show us what he can do, and though his toughness in close is in some question he has to be in the box seat to come in for Jack.
    Everitt had zero/negative impact when he came on ? the similar sized LJ, who has done stints in the backline must be given a chance at some time.
    Out: Jack(inj), Everitt, Bevan, White
    In: Sumner, Johnston, Dennis Lane, Grundy
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

Quote Originally Posted by S120 View Post
    Ins: TDL, Grundy

Outs: Everitt, Jetta
    This
    -

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Johnston is almost a shoo in for his debut IMHO. I think he would be a good matchup for another LJ Liam Jones

With KJ out Luke Parker should debut

i dont like everitt as a sub, he either starts or he doesnt play. I find it odd he played that great game forward but hasnt been sent back there much, if at all since. I just want to see changes in structure more than anything else, just set up the forward line and delivery a lot better. Watching the dogs now they will lose to the pies, but they look a lot sharper than we do at the moment
    Theres not much left to say

I support Old Royboy
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    I support Old Royboy
    Me 3.

Have we sent that post to Horse??

Quote Originally Posted by swansrule100 View Post
    i dont like everitt as a sub, he either starts or he doesnt play. I find it odd he played that great game forward but hasnt been sent back there much, if at all since.
    Exactly! Why keep Everitt anywhere but forward when he basically won the Eagles game for us playing there!

Out: White, Jetta
    In: LJ, TDL (+Parker in for Jack if injured)

TDL to kick a quiet 4, as always.

Quote Originally Posted by nomae View Post
    Exactly! Why keep Everitt anywhere but forward when he basically won the Eagles game for us playing there!
    One Swallow doth not a Summer make.

Everitts effort against the eagles is way way overrated. He took 2 easy marks where he was lucky to be in the right place at the right time and kicked 2 relatively easy goals. The laughter in the coaches box said it all really.

Veteran Site Admin
    Seems almost certain there will be some changes but I wonder how many Horse will have the courage to make. Have to remember that the only player who could be brought into the side who has much AFL experience is Seaby - and it would be daft to swap him for Pyke after just one game in those conditions. So anyone he brings in has next to no AFL experience.

Can we really expect to see a team running around next week that includes Reid, Johnston, Sumner, Parker, TDL all with fewer than 10 AFL games each, plus Jetta, Hanners and Pyke barely less green? I suspect one of that first group of 5 won't be there, but if Jack can't take his spot it is feasible that 4 of the 5 could play.
    Last edited by liz; 2nd May 2011 at 12:45 AM.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast