Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 7 v Bulldogs (Nipper Gordon to debut!)

I think Jesse should stay - play FF only and keep Pyke rucking with Mummy. I thought on friday we lacked an extra runner, I would like to see Pyke subbed off in the last and bring the runner on Lamb or uncle. We have the flexibility if Reg comes back in with Mattner who can play tall or short.
    Give Jesse a full game at ff with resting ruckman dropping into FP, we cant keep Moore and Bevan in the 22 has to be one or the other. Probably drop Everitt for LJ and we lose Jack for Uncle? and swap Bevan for TDL?

Cheers

Waz

I would have thought Parker would be the obvious replacement for Jack in terms of body type?

Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    Seriously bad news! I think he's been our mid with the most forward-momentum this season. McVeigh, Hanners and Kennedy are gonna have to lift to cover him.

How about this:
    • McGlynn into the midfield for Jack
    • TDL into the forwards for McGlynn
    • Grundy back at CHB, Reid back at CHF
    • Seaby in for White
    • Everitt would probably play well against his old mates, but leave him as sub for element of surprise
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Seriously bad news! I think he's been our mid with the most forward-momentum this season. McVeigh, Hanners and Kennedy are gonna have to lift to cover him.

How about this:
    • McGlynn into the midfield for Jack
    • TDL into the forwards for McGlynn
    • Grundy back at CHB, Reid back at CHF
    • Seaby in for White
    • Everitt would probably play well against his old mates, but leave him as sub for element of surprise
    That's the best option to get the best team possible out on the field next week. But I don't think we should let the opportunity of blooding some young players go by. Jack will be out for 6 weeks, so decide on a young player, either Sumner, Parker, Mcneil or Gordon and persist with them until he comes back.

Pushing for Selection
    If we are to play 2 rucks, then I think Seaby should come in for Pyke, whilst I admire his endeavor and the progress he has made thus far, he offers nothing around the ground.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
    I think Jesse should stay - play FF only and keep Pyke rucking with Mummy. I thought on friday we lacked an extra runner, I would like to see Pyke subbed off in the last and bring the runner on Lamb or uncle. We have the flexibility if Reg comes back in with Mattner who can play tall or short.
    Give Jesse a full game at ff with resting ruckman dropping into FP, we cant keep Moore and Bevan in the 22 has to be one or the other. Probably drop Everitt for LJ and we lose Jack for Uncle? and swap Bevan for TDL?

Cheers

Waz
    Why would you sub Pyke off in the last quarter? He allowed Mumford to go forward and kick 2 goals and nearly get a 3rd against Carlton.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    The Jack injury is our achilles heal.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

I'd like to see Dill get a run - he's killing it in reserves, but admittedly the opposition hasn't been up to much. He looks a lot bigger this year too.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Veterans List
    We're 9th on the ladder and we haven't played a single team below us! Some easier weeks ahead surely, starting with this week and the very unimpressive Dogs.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Interesting that in this afternoon's press conference, Nathan Gordon was the first name to come out of Horse's mouth when asked who may replace Kieren and/or changes to the side. Obviously not a like-for-like swap but Nipper's been getting the votes in the reserves. He named Luke Parker, Lewis Johnston and almost as an afterthought Brett Meredith.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Interesting that in this afternoon's press conference, Nathan Gordon was the first name to come out of Horse's mouth when asked who may replace Kieren and/or changes to the side. Obviously not a like-for-like swap but Nipper's been getting the votes in the reserves. He named Luke Parker, Lewis Johnston and almost as an afterthought Brett Meredith.
    We know how they like to pump up the young kids tyres Ugg. No chance it will be Nipper. They just like to let them know, Nipper in this instance, they are noticing his efforts. Parker or Mez will come in for Jack. Secondly, they don't like to give anything away to the opposition.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I'm not so sure about that Nich, Nipper also got a solid wrap in Maxfield's game plan preview on Friday so I would say he's definitely under consideration. Plus, Longmire was rattling off the names off the top of his head and there was no hesistation from him in throwing Nipper's name out there. Question is what role would he play in the seniors? Being an elite runner, a run-with role might not be out of the question.

It was interesting that he named Meredith because he's been underwhelming in the reserves IMO, and also hasn't been named amongst the best players in the reserves in their 3 NEAFL games so far.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast