Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 7 v Bulldogs (Nipper Gordon to debut!)

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Interesting that in this afternoon's press conference, Nathan Gordon was the first name to come out of Horse's mouth when asked who may replace Kieren and/or changes to the side. Obviously not a like-for-like swap but Nipper's been getting the votes in the reserves. He named Luke Parker, Lewis Johnston and almost as an afterthought Brett Meredith.
    What are the rules in term of "long term" injury list replacement? I thought being out for 4 to 6 weeks was not sufficient. Eski is due back in a few weeks as well. So how do they get Gordon off the rookies list?
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Veterans List
    I'm over Meredith, let's see Sumner or Parker given a try, they can't produce any less than Meredith has done is his senior games.

Keep Pyke in, quality rucking

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    What are the rules in term of "long term" injury list replacement? I thought being out for 4 to 6 weeks was not sufficient. Eski is due back in a few weeks as well. So how do they get Gordon off the rookies list?
    Craig Bolton almost certainly qualifies as long term injured.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Craig Bolton almost certainly qualifies as long term injured.
    Forgot about Craig. I searched the AFL website for clarification of the rule but I couldn't find it anywhere.

That saves any further searching.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    I'm a big fan of Bulldog as a sub. What you need in that position is someone who can impact the game because thay have football smarts. Given Bulldog's lack of engine and marginal lack of top speed I reckon he would relish the opportunity when the other players are tiring and the speed has gone out of their legs. This turns a disadavantage into an advantage. Keeping him fit between games is an issue but perhaps you do it in rotation with another player (say Rohan or Bird, both have shown the ability in the past to come on and have an impact).
    I'd be reluctant to have Bird out of the 21. Fan of Moore's as well, and I agree, I think he would get under some teams guards and might burst out 3 goals or just be boss with a ton of clearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    Re Jesse White I think his main problem is that he has no idea how to play in the wet. He may be worth trying if Canberra is to be dry. If not I suggest that Grundy could be tried forward again. He has improved heaps since he was last tried there and might do the job well now. .
    Good lateral thinking with reg, we have nothing to lose, give it a go longmire!

Veteran Site Admin
    Can anyone update us on what the weather has been like in Canberra recently? Are we any chance of a dry game this weekend? I am even happy to completely freeze my butt off down in Our Nation's Capital if we can see a game with a ball not resembling a bar of soap for a change.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Forgot about Craig. I searched the AFL website for clarification of the rule but I couldn't find it anywhere.

That saves any further searching.
    Unless you look in the collective bargaining agreement on the AFL site ...

12. LONG TERM INJURY LIST

12.1 Each AFL Club may apply to the AFL General Manager ? Football Operations to

transfer a Player suffering a long term injury from its Primary List to its Long Term

Injury List. A long term injury means an injury or illness suffered by a Player

which, in the opinion of the AFL Medical Officer, after consultation with the AFL

Club Medical Officer, will prevent or is likely to prevent a Player, having due

regard to his health and safety, from participating in a Match for a period of not less

than eight weeks from the date the injury or illness is diagnosed.
    Full agreement here.

On the Rookie List
    The loss of Kieren Jack is huge! Moore should be the obvious replacement but we all know he can't maintain the intensity for 4 quarters.My call ,way back , that he be the Sub is based on two facts

1. He will continue to be selected regardless of his on field performance
    2.He can be a good player for one quarter a match and make an impact something none of our subs have done in sharp contrast to other teams!

Personally ,he is not in my top 22 and I believe the game is too fast for his style of play.
    I agree he might get under the radar but to burst out with 3 goals? 3 points more likely.
    Young Parker looks a much more likely type with a lot more upside.Either way McVeigh is going to have a huge responsibility now.
    White? At what stage do you admit the experiment is not working?

Blog Entries
    There is talk the Lake may be dropped due to lack of form. This from Rocket himself.
    He's usually been the one who has killed us recently.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    The loss of Kieren Jack is huge! Moore should be the obvious replacement but we all know he can't maintain the intensity for 4 quarters.My call ,way back , that he be the Sub is based on two facts

1. He will continue to be selected regardless of his on field performance
    2.He can be a good player for one quarter a match and make an impact something none of our subs have done in sharp contrast to other teams!

Personally ,he is not in my top 22 and I believe the game is too fast for his style of play.
    I agree he might get under the radar but to burst out with 3 goals? 3 points more likely.
    Young Parker looks a much more likely type with a lot more upside.Either way McVeigh is going to have a huge responsibility now.
    White? At what stage do you admit the experiment is not working?
    Do you include Rohan in this?
    And I'd like to see Parker for Jack. Also, as I've said somewhere else, I think the sub should be a relatively versatile mid, maybe someone like Meredith.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Can anyone update us on what the weather has been like in Canberra recently? Are we any chance of a dry game this weekend? I am even happy to completely freeze my butt off down in Our Nation's Capital if we can see a game with a ball not resembling a bar of soap for a change.
    Manuka weather - local weather forecast

I travel down for business frequently and it is getting pretty damn chilly (for a sydney sider anyway). Forecast is due to be Sunny for the days either side of Saturday but you never really know. I'm expecting it to be sunny. It was a beautiful day last year so hopefully we can repeat that. But by gee when the Sun went down behind the stands last year it dropped about 15 degrees!!!

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    There is talk the Lake may be dropped due to lack of form. This from Rocket himself.
    He's usually been the one who has killed us recently.
    I reckon that is a nothing more than a rev up for Lake, no way they drop him.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast