Thread: Reid vs Grundy

Reid vs Grundy

Do you think reidy did better then heath in the backs against Carlton ?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Reid done a really good job, but Grundy is very important to our structure. without Reid as a target I thought our forward line broke down badly on the weekend. One thing you can say about the kid if he doesn't mark it he brings it to ground. With White continually giving away silly free kicks and geting outmuscled we need a tall in the footy line with a bit of nouse.

Wouldn't mind seeing Grundy and Reid swap between CHB and CHF to mix things up. All said and done its going to be a big ask for Reid to hold down a key position all year.

Reid will be a superstar and in the mean time we just have to be patient with his development.

A FUTURE HOF member.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Missing the big and experienced LRT has changed the whole backline dynamics, IMHO.

Of the 'big' men, Ted has been fantastic this year, and Heath a bit off. The others, in Everitt and AJ (and Reid too), are still young and light. Mattner too has been forced to 'play tall' much of the time, particularly without Craig Bolton.

But hopefully soon they will be able to have selection options for each game, to match up on particular forwardlines.

Nope.
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

Seriously?
    No. He did well but he?s a long way off being as good as Reg

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Reid will be a superstar and in the mean time we just have to be patient with his development.

A FUTURE HOF member.
    No pressure or anything! (I like the look of him too though)....

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Do you think reidy did better then heath in the backs against Carlton ?
    Hard to compare, Reg didn't play he was "sick"

Comparing them right now on form in 2011 I'd still choose Reg down back. Reid is 6 games into his career. High hopes for him though

Please..... Reid has the potential to be very good forward or back, but I think we've clearly seen Grundy is much more at home down back then he ever was up forward. Simple equation for me- keep Grundy down back and Reid up front, but if we need an extra tall down back give Reid a go (Assuming LRT is back/not back depending ont he situation).

Reid looks good in the forward line and up the ground, does what Hall used to do, just needs a few more seasons under his belt and to fill out, not saying he will be as good as Hall, but might not miss as many games............. Reg played well today against Dogs, as did Ted, when LRT and Eski come back in, there will be headaches at the selection table. AJ looks good to me as a lpayer moving forward, it will be hard to play him when the senior players return tho
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh