Thread: Sydney AFL Rising Star

Sydney AFL Rising Star

How does the Rising Star system work? Do clubs simply nominate a player each week and depending on who nominates their player first, they get their player nominated?

I'm just confused as there is only one TV game a week, how these young players are getting noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by First Round Pic View Post
    How does the Rising Star system work? Do clubs simply nominate a player each week and depending on who nominates their player first, they get their player nominated?

I'm just confused as there is only one TV game a week, how these young players are getting noticed.
    Clubs (Premier Div) are asked to nominate a player who has played less than 4 (or maybe 5) games in top division and have had a pretty good game.

Best nomination wins the week is my understanding.

Ahk cheers, so then how is it decided on who wins the award overall at the end of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by First Round Pic View Post
    Ahk cheers, so then how is it decided on who wins the award overall at the end of the season?
    Good question and can't really answer that. May have something to do with umpire voting. Think last year's winner polled pretty high in the Phelan Medal count.