Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Media do it again

Quote Originally Posted by swannymum View Post
    I cannot stand Channel 7 coverage, it makes me wild. And I will refuse to buy any **##@@ RACV insurance, or those frozen ice thingies. And that man getting the milk is a wanker. Used to have one ad between goals, now stretching to 4 at a time. Can't wait until next year when I watch the lot on Foxtel.
    Haven't been able to take the Bruce-Dennis show seriously since their call on the Swans-Melbourne game last year.
    Bruce Mcavaney And Dennis Commetti Exclusive Footage!

It's not just the fans - Rohan Connolly wrote a column dumping on the Channel 7 footy circus recently (sorry can't find the link). Time for Ch 7 to put those two out to pasture.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

I've only read a few posts here, but I agree with what I've read...It was yet another embarrassing, disgraceful call. Inaccurate self indulgent crap...Most disappointingly, including Commetti..spends the entire game trying to tie in his one liners...just pathetic.
    While Mcavaney is just cringeworthy.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Watch the replay on Fox and you don't have to put up with anything other than brief ad breaks during the quarter and half-time breaks.
    I just can't wait that long to watch the game, even an hour is a stretch.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

The stupid in-jokes and just talking about themselves is hard to put up with, and now even Dennis is gettting players names wrong . It also does seem that they tend to barrack for anyone but the Swans. It really makes me cringe when i see a Swans game listed as a channel 7 game.

You can tell that Bruce & Dennis are on holidays when they come to Sydney ... no one up here watches, so why bother making an effort?! ... Harley should know better - he lives up here and coaches the 16's state side - he should know who Ben and Sam Reid are!

Bruce's " ... if you saw him in the mounting yard at Flemington...", would have been mildly amusing if he'd bothered to reference it to Australia's most famous racetrack Royal Randwick, which just happens to be a mile down the road!

I guess if people keep watching, they can justify serving up the same lazy, boring, "amateur hour" rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    I've only read a few posts here, but I agree with what I've read...It was yet another embarrassing, disgraceful call. Inaccurate self indulgent crap...Most disappointingly, including Commetti..spends the entire game trying to tie in his one liners...just pathetic.
    Remember the Commettisns thread?
    Lots of people love his rubbish - never done it for me....
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Remember the Commettisns thread?
    Lots of people love his rubbish - never done it for me....
    Commetti used to be genuinely, spontaneously funny. Now he trots out clearly rehearsed one-liners. Started to believe his own hype? He was much better when he just called the game and let the funny stuff come naturally.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Senior Player
    I bought a set of that Sports Ears, so u can hear the umps talking to each other. Aside from getting your head blown off by the whistle in your ear, it's interesting..for a while

But it's not only the TV commentators who make mistakes...3 times the umps called MARK Mcveigh to get a mark or a free!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    The tone of this article by Martin Blake is positively anti-Sydney. He sounds as if he's ****ed off that Richmond didn't win.

Sydney nearly misses out

Really??? Apart from the Ben/Sam error, I thought the article was spot on.

Sydney were woeful in front of goal, you can't paint it any other way, and that inefficiency nearly cost us. Simple as that. Sometimes people read bias into news articles that just isn't there

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Agree totally. I have just looked at the broadcast guide for the game against Carlton and noticed that it is on chanel 7.mad:

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Agree totally. I have just looked at the broadcast guide for the game against Carlton and noticed that it is on chanel 7.mad:
    I'm still undecided about flying down for the game on the weekend.

One negative is the current problem with ash or whatever.

One true positive is that I get spared the @@@@ty one-eyed commentary and truly excrutiating experience of ads after every goal.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Senior Player
    I really think Todd Balym deserves a shout-out for his coverage of the Swans. It's a massive massive step up for the Telegraph and the Sydney media in general.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast