Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Media do it again

I guess the page has updated, I have nfi which story I should be looking at...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Article about Malceski with accompanying photo of Reg, also misinformation regarding Mal?s surgeries

Obviously we need to keep track of articles as they are published, I can take a virtual photo of internet ones and store them till end of season if someone can take care of the paper media

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    Maybe we could rope BT into presenting the Brian each year...
    Pykey could be his assistant when giving out the trophy or whatever they get....

On the Rookie List
    Wish I had posted it before but it's gone now, the winner of the media stuff up award for the week surely belongs to Real Footy at the Age who listed Shane Mumford from Carlton as a choice in their player of the round poll.

Sad indictment is that I did not have coniptions that Shane might have jumped ship mid week and nobody noticed, but just accepted the incompetence as par for the course.
    I'm not arrogant, I'm right

Quote Originally Posted by supersall View Post
    Wish I had posted it before but it's gone now, the winner of the media stuff up award for the week surely belongs to Real Footy at the Age who listed Shane Mumford from Carlton as a choice in their player of the round poll.

Sad indictment is that I did not have coniptions that Shane might have jumped ship mid week and nobody noticed, but just accepted the incompetence as par for the course.
    I have it on file, took a virtual photo

Should it be pronounced "The Briarn" - and a trophy be a block of wood - to honour the shape of BT's head?
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I like the block of wood idea - perhaps a nice chunk of messmate gum. As in "What a mess, mate!"
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Warming the Bench
    Them missmatching photos doesnt piss me off as much as them completely disregarding a good game from someone who has not come from a footy background.

And by that i mean pyke and hunt.

Nice little article on Reid here. Sam I am

I didn't know his uncle was part of the group that played for us in 82..

Just wild about Harry
    I couldnt help but get annoyed by Andy Maher this morning on SEN. He made the comment about St Kilda that they dont like to introduce new kids into the team and that it was something that Lyon got from his days at the Swans. He then went on to say that the Swans still don't introduce kids into the seniors until they have been at the club for a few years. I nearly choked on my shaving cream when I heard it. Fortunately, he was corrected by Tim Watson, however it is symptomatic of the Swans 'blindspot' that the media has down here.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1226056992063

We may need to start categories; photo/name stuff up, general name stuff up, medical announcement stuff up, media just don?t care about the Swans stuff up?

Goes up to 11

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Kirk View Post
    Them missmatching photos doesnt piss me off as much as them completely disregarding a good game from someone who has not come from a footy background.

And by that i mean pyke and hunt.
    Don't start me on that one! It's a pet hate of mine, where some people south of the border think that it's a god-given right that Victorians (and perhaps to a lesser extent people from SA and WA) have a natural affinity with and understanding of the game that people not 'brought up' on the game (whatever that means) will never have. It really @@@@@s me - especially when some idiot supporter of a Melbourne-based team tells me to go and watch NRL and that as a Swans fan I have no idea what I'm talking about. These people reckon that guys like Pykey and Karmichael Hunt will never succeed as they weren't playing and watching the game from birth - complete tosh...

Rant over - I'm ok now

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast