Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Media do it again

The Melbourne media either has no idea or does it on purpose to piss us off, but in NSW it is still rife, the Telegraph has no idea what it's reporting on, and should hire Jim Main, and unless we look like winning a flag get very little coverage. The general public is, however(and I say this as a NSWelshman) largely ignorant of the game of Australian Rules, I had one bloke tell me it wasn't an Australian game???????? and others who tell me it's a girls game, I offered to introduce them to Barry Hall, but of course, they didn't know who he was. I doubt Karmichael thought it was a girls game when he got the full body cramp, and we're talking about a very fit league player. I can see Hunt getting it, but maybe not for a couple more years, needs to change his whole body shape and fitness base. Pyke is already a success, he has a natural talent for all ball sports from what I've read, and a big freakin heart to go with it. I short, the difference between league and AFL, u need courage and strength to play league, u need courage, SKILL, athleticism endurance and speed to play AFL level
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

A classic from smh.com.au.

The story quotes Tom Harley saying Folau needs a spell in the midfield, or in Harley's own words, "a crack in the guts." The unwitting Herald sub posted it as:

Meat in the middle: Folau needs a kick in the guts, says Cats great Harley
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Swans pip Roos

That's Reg Fairfax

Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    Swans pip Roos

That's Reg Fairfax
    It's at least a tough one though. Many a Swans faithful has made the same mistake. Not everyone got the RWO insiders' tip about the short sock/long sock differentiator ;-)
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Blog Entries
    Go Swannies told me yesterday that Mattner and Grundy is so easy to pick.
    Socks up - Mattner.
    Socks down - Reg.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I guess the page has updated, I have nfi which story I should be looking at...
    I think it is this
    But the last one "North Melbourne's Jack Ziebell gets a kick away despite pressure from ..." Smith actually gets hands one the ball forcing it up and under, it is in the first minute of the 3rd Q.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Apparently Lewis "Peake" was elbowed in the groin by Michael Firrito.

Got them both!
    So far Fairfax (farFacts?) is ahead but i'm sure they others will do thier best to catch up

I can see in the near future the footballing media confuse Parker and O'Keefe a few times as well in the same manner they confuse Mattner and Grundy.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I think it is this
    You do realise I posted on May 12 ??
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

One Week at a Time - Darcy brought up Mummy and Jordan Lewis punching on last year when they bumped into each other on an end of season trip to LA. Mummy didn't really want to give them much but Quarters kind of pressed on and Darcy said he heard that Mummy knocked him out. Dead set these guys are muppets. It happened a good 6 months ago and they want to bring up 2 players having a biff overseas. Talk about the footy you clowns and show a little respect. You could tell Mummy didn't want to discuss it. Low, low grade tv presenting. CLOWNS!!!!

Also quarters called Lewis, Leroy again. I'm thinking they do it on purpose now just to piss us off! Ha!

I must admit it was nice to tune is to the 2 footy shows on Sunday and see them finally put on some swans players for once.

CH 7's gameday had ROK and Ch 9's footy show had Jude Bolton on.

Honestly couldn't tell you the last time any footy shows had swans players on in Melbourne.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast