Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Media do it again

I love it how the match report of Carlon vs Brisbane focuses on Carlton's quality and silk across all lines, their depth and genuine premiership chances. Yet when we beat Brisbane at home by the same margin, it's all about how inept Brisbane were.

Otherwise, with every close game it's another chance to talk about the brave opposition - Essendon, North and now the Tigers.

I'd love a Carlton win this week at the very least so we can throw some of this reporting back in their face and force them to acknowledge our performances this year.
    Sanford Wheeler 4 President!

I do realise inefficient kicking is a problem of ours, but that doesn't mean Richmond played any better. Too many vic journalists giving them credit for what? Luckily being in striking range when they decided to match our intensity? It's a joke that they all keep saying, 'oh look how much Richmond has improved, they pushed Sydney right till the end'. Even Damien Hardwick reckons that this game is one they should have won, but let go. NO! It's one Sydney should have won by 10 goals, but almost lost.

Delusions of grandeur.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by JudesaGun View Post
    I love it how the match report of Carlon vs Brisbane focuses on Carlton's quality and silk across all lines, their depth and genuine premiership chances. Yet when we beat Brisbane at home by the same margin, it's all about how inept Brisbane were.

Otherwise, with every close game it's another chance to talk about the brave opposition - Essendon, North and now the Tigers.

I'd love a Carlton win this week at the very least so we can throw some of this reporting back in their face and force them to acknowledge our performances this year.
    If you mean a win against Carlton, so would I!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

What a year 2005 SSFC/CFC
    I attended the Blues game yesterday and they were not flash at all. Judd was quiet, Waite appeared at the lunch and said he MAY be back next week. If we can turn up properly we can knock these blokes off. Kreuzer looked a little ominous on his first hitout I must say. When Brisbane played any footy at all they seemed to get a goal but they are pretty pathetic. With GWS next year stuffing up the draft Brisbane are obviously doomed for a long slide.
    Sports do not build character. They reveal it....Heywood Broun

I always turn to the sports pages first, which record people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures......Earl Warren

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    It was painful watching the "replay" today.

That group of commentators (Bruce, Denis, Richo and Harley) are bored and just going through the motions. Apart from Rich, they didn't really want to be there and it showed in their commentry.

Constantly got players names wrong and spent most of the time talking amongst themsleves about whatever in joke was in this week.

What makes it even worse is you get no statistics during the breaks on how the game is going, even though it's taking them 3 hours to get through the replay anyway.

And don't mention the extended ad breaks, which ruins the continuity as well.

It's a @@@@@@@ disgrace what Channel 7 are getting away with at present for this time slot.

DST
    Have to say that that is pretty spot on.
    Frustrations for me?
    Ad breaks make at the start of the quarter ruin the game.
    You kinda know that when there are 4 ads after the first goal that there will be only a couple of goals in that quarter.

Never been a big Dennis fan, but Bruce has always been cool, until now.
    What was the headline? self Indulgent? Yep.

Also, a Channel 10 sook, (and this applies to the close games like the Hawks Geelong game) it is blindingly obvious that they have a countdown clock going in their box.
    I hate the 5 minute warning, but if you're going to have it then use it properly..
    when they're saying "and that will be about it" it kinda gives away thet there are only a few secs left
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

The tone of this article by Martin Blake is positively anti-Sydney. He sounds as if he's ****ed off that Richmond didn't win.

Sydney nearly misses out

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    The tone of this article by Martin Blake is positively anti-Sydney. He sounds as if he's ****ed off that Richmond didn't win.

Sydney nearly misses out
    Not to mention getting names wrong again: Sydney's amazing inaccuracy kept the game interesting. The Swans kicked 5.14 to half-time, with BEN Reid and Adam Goodes the culprits, and finished with 9.21 for the game.

Read more: Sydney nearly misses out
    Last weekend in Sept 05 - The best weekend of my life!

Warming the Bench
    I cannot stand Channel 7 coverage, it makes me wild. And I will refuse to buy any **##@@ RACV insurance, or those frozen ice thingies. And that man getting the milk is a wanker. Used to have one ad between goals, now stretching to 4 at a time. Can't wait until next year when I watch the lot on Foxtel.
    Last weekend in Sept 05 - The best weekend of my life!

You know another thing i've noticed, now watching the Dees/Pies game? When we've got players back we're 'flooding' while teams like Melbourne and Collingwood have 'the full press on'. Give me a break!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swannymum View Post
    I cannot stand Channel 7 coverage, it makes me wild. And I will refuse to buy any **##@@ RACV insurance, or those frozen ice thingies. And that man getting the milk is a wanker. Used to have one ad between goals, now stretching to 4 at a time. Can't wait until next year when I watch the lot on Foxtel.
    Lol. Me too. Unfortunately I already have RACV.

I also hate the high shot from the light towers. Can see jack squat from that angle.

Veterans List

Sydney nearly misses out
    Jude Bolton's uncle I believe. Better not give him a bake or your name will be headlines in that footy rag called Inside Football. They are going so bad now Robert Shaw is writing for them.

Veterans List

Sydney nearly misses out
    Oh Martin, you should know by now the saying is; "couldn't hit a barn door with a handful of wheat".

By the way, uncle Martin managed to get a photo of Jude into the big paper.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast