Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Media do it again

It was a weekend worth of Swans. Goodes on BTG, ROK on Gameday, Jude on TFS and Mummy on OWAAT. Mummy also doubled up for a guest position on the Bigpond AFL review show.

On the Rookie List
    new blog published - looks at media's coverage of interstate teams, especially the Sydney Swans. Touches on some of the points of this thread
    The Harbour Views - Sydcentric AFL

Footy is national - deal with it

Victorian media need to embrace the competition as a national one. From next year, the competition reaches a new level of nationalisation with more than one team in each state (except for poor old Tassie). It?s another step away from the VFL and like it or not, foundation clubs need to get used to sharing their game with new clubs on the scene
    follow me on twitter harbourviewsafl

Swans sail in the wet - AFL.com.au

Jet's gets called 'Leroy' again. This time on the official AFL site.

** They corrected it after someone notified them on Facebook.
    Last edited by Nich; 12th June 2011 at 07:34 PM.

Did anyone else catch Harley call our Reid Ben today?

Sure did. They also screwed up AJ as LRT, and Seaby as Grundy.

Bird was called McGlynn at least once.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Bird was called McGlynn at least once.
    Mcv/Shaw.

Senior Player
    Bruce called Hanners Ryan O'Keefe like 3 times.

It was painful watching the "replay" today.

That group of commentators (Bruce, Denis, Richo and Harley) are bored and just going through the motions. Apart from Rich, they didn't really want to be there and it showed in their commentry.

Constantly got players names wrong and spent most of the time talking amongst themsleves about whatever in joke was in this week.

What makes it even worse is you get no statistics during the breaks on how the game is going, even though it's taking them 3 hours to get through the replay anyway.

And don't mention the extended ad breaks, which ruins the continuity as well.

It's a @@@@@@@ disgrace what Channel 7 are getting away with at present for this time slot.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post

That group of commentators (Bruce, Denis, Richo and Harley) are bored and just going through the motions. Apart from Rich, they didn't really want to be there and it showed in their commentry.

Constantly got players names wrong and spent most of the time talking amongst themsleves about whatever in joke was in this week.

What makes it even worse is you get no statistics during the breaks on how the game is going, even though it's taking them 3 hours to get through the replay anyway.

It's a @@@@@@@ disgrace what Channel 7 are getting away with at present for this time slot.

DST
    I got around the ads today. I waited till 3:45 to start watching it, and then fast fwded the ads and breaks. I also had some computer network issues(new router) to sort out at home, which caused some more delays.

I caught up to the real thing with just over a minute to go. No ads, then switched over straight away, before the 7 news started.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I got around the ads today. I waited till 3:45 to start watching it, and then fast fwded the ads and breaks. I also had some computer network issues(new router) to sort out at home, which caused some more delays.

I caught up to the real thing with just over a minute to go. No ads, then switched over straight away, before the 7 news started.
    Yep. I did the same. Its a pain in the butt having to wait till 4pm but worth it not to have to watch the ads and the C7 crap.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post

DST
    Watch the replay on Fox and you don't have to put up with anything other than brief ad breaks during the quarter and half-time breaks.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast