Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd. 9 v Hawthorn.. (Return of the Eski!)

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    We've just got back from watching Hawks demolish the St Keystone Kops, whose blunders and deficient skills cost them at least four goals that I counted. We left about 2 minutes into the final quarter. The consensus was that on today's form neither of these teams will cause Collingwood or Geelong to lose any sleep.
    The Hawks made their share of mistakes, but they do position themselves well for each other; if the ball has to be moved there is always someone to hand it on to. Roughead did well as a fill-in ruck, Buddy's accuracy seemed to improved as the game went on. Their midfield is persistent, and to run over the top of the Saints when you're down to one fit man on the bench is not a bad effort. We'll need to be on our game.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    We've just got back from watching Hawks demolish the St Keystone Kops, whose blunders and deficient skills cost them at least four goals that I counted. We left about 2 minutes into the final quarter. The consensus was that on today's form neither of these teams will cause Collingwood or Geelong to lose any sleep.
    The Hawks made their share of mistakes, but they do position themselves well for each other; if the ball has to be moved there is always someone to hand it on to. Roughead did well as a fill-in ruck, Buddy's accuracy seemed to improved as the game went on. Their midfield is persistent, and to run over the top of the Saints when you're down to one fit man on the bench is not a bad effort. We'll need to be on our game.
    In otherwords, we're in trouble next Sunday?
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Don't think there's room for Grundy, Ted, LRT and AJ in defence, and I think we'd get more out of Seaby rucking and rotating forward than LRT. If we're up against two competent ruckmen then AJ out/Seaby in. However with Hale out we might be able to defer that for another week.

Other than that - Parker in the 21, pick a sub from Gordon or the other thereabouts.

With injury to Jetta and Hawks losing another big defender, should be an easy selection this week:

Out:
    Jetta, Gordon

In:
    TDL, LJ
    Sanford Wheeler 4 President!

Quote Originally Posted by JudesaGun View Post
    With injury to Jetta and Hawks losing another big defender, should be an easy selection this week:

Out:
    Jetta, Gordon

In:
    TDL, LJ
    Injury to Jetta? What?
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by JudesaGun View Post

Out:
    Jetta, Gordon

In:
    TDL, LJ

I hope the match committee find a way to play Seaby. If we find out this early in the season how to play with two ruckman that can only be a good thing. And if that means Mumford and Seaby 'rest' up forward, provided we aren't too tall/slow up there, I think there will be benefits.

It will be interesting what happens with our defense too, is Grundy, LRT, Richards and Alex Johnson too much?

I'd bring in TDL and Seaby if I was a selector.

Todd Balm on Twitter:

"Bad news Swans fans. Lewis Jetta in doubt for next week. Pretty sure he is still trying to walk up Tamarama stairs with a bung knee."

And Gilham likely out for the year - big opportunity to test the Hawks up
    front, particularly with Stratton out as well.

Who is Todd Balm?

Seaby and TDL in for me.
    TDL for Jetta and Seaby for Mummy as I'm a tad worried that he will have an enforced holiday this week.

Daily Telegraph reporter.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by lwoggardner View Post
    AJ out/Seaby in. .
    If they take AJ out i will be pissed.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast