Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vale Club Swans

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    The Hopetoun..... a Swans club? On the one hand, Swans club, yay. On the other hand, the Hoey is a bit sacred. It would be just plain wrong for it to be anything other than the Hoey. Its role as a live music venue would diminish significantly. Although, if that's the only way it could get open and profitable again....
    The Hopetoun has been closed for quite some time now - not sure what's being done with it - probably an apartment conversion or something.....

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri H View Post
    Much as I wanted to support it, like others I just wasn't all that hot on heading to the Cross. If it (or another attempt at similar) rises from the ashes in a better location I'd be glad to patronise it!
    Couldn't agree more.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Hopetoun..... a Swans club? On the one hand, Swans club, yay. On the other hand, the Hoey is a bit sacred. It would be just plain wrong for it to be anything other than the Hoey. Its role as a live music venue would diminish significantly. Although, if that's the only way it could get open and profitable again....

Maybe we could try to get The Excelsior from Justin Hemmes' grubby little fingers? Or at least convince him to abandon his plans for a Mexican restaurant there.
    I assure you, when we were thinking it through (and from memory it did get to relatively serious levels of investigation) it was all musos or former musos looking for a viable way to keep it open for live music first and foremost- it was a venue that was dear to our hearts. I think the estimate was it would probably take away 40 out of the roughly 320 days of music they were doing at the time through hosting smaller club functions, gameday (home and away etc.).
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    The Hopetoun has been closed for quite some time now - not sure what's being done with it - probably an apartment conversion or something.....
    I know. That's what I meant about the "if that's the only way it could get open and profitable again" part.

It would still be weird to see it become a sports bar, but better than the impending fate of the Excelsior....
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Maybe the days are gone of a 'social club' being a physical thing and they're being replaced by 'virtual social clubs' such as RWO?
    God, what a depressing thought that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    God, what a depressing thought that is.
    Agreed. How are you meant to have a beer over the internet?
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

There's an ap for that

I wish I was drinking now. Does that count?
    -

Goes up to 11
    On the internet I can look great, know everything and be charming and witty without a even a sip of beer.....

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    many many years ago some friends of mine and I that used to bounce around in bands together .
    What did you play - both instrument and musical styles?
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

That is a VERY scary thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Beaussie View Post
    Hopefully someone at the Swans look at the Lions set up as a model to follow. Finding a suitable location will be the real problem in Sydney.
    Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    The funny thing there is that Springwood is practically in Logan, a long way from anywhere.
    If you have a look at a map, you'll find that Brisbane is about as far away from Springwood as Sydney is ....from Homebush!

Maybe finding a suitable location in Sydney won't be that hard after all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast