• North - bewteen 10 and 19 points

3 11.54%
  • North - between 20 and 39 points

0 0%
  • North - 40 points or more

1 3.85%

Thread: Round 10 - North Melbourne

Round 10 - North Melbourne

After Sunday's embarrassing performance, you'd think the team would have to come out all fired up for this Saturday's match against North.

I don't think there'll be any lack of motivation. Whether or not that compensates for our forward line instability is another thing.

Having broken our drought against North in Melbourne last year, we should win, but it's kind of hard to tip with any confidence.

I'll go with club loyalty again and say we'll win this by 20 points.

Blog Entries
    Like the port game, this is a game we should win, and should win a a good margin.
    Otherwise, good night 2011.

Warming the Bench
    Confidence is not high atm but in saying that i don't rate North at all and if we lose this game the alarm bells will be ringing. Let's hope LJ plays forward and Goodes can win the ball for four consistant quarters. I think McVeigh will be back to his best to proud a man not to. Swans by 30

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Like the port game, this is a game we should win, and should win a a good margin...
    I was about to write the same thing, but more along the lines of we will stuff around for 2? quarters and then play properly and win well.
    Having said that, hopefully Marty does another good job on Wells and limits his output otherwise I will revise my tip to a close 5 point win by our boys.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I agree with Scott, provided Johnston plays, Seaby comes in at FF and LRT goes back to defence. Otherwise we will have another shemozzle and we'll see Rogue Swan's prediction come true.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Neither side is kicking enough goals for this to be a blow out..... North by 17 pts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
    Neither side is kicking enough goals for this to be a blow out..... North by 17 pts.
    It could be a Nil all draw.....

On the Rookie List
    Before last weeks game against the hawks, I would of gone to this game very confident...now I am not confident at all, just hopeful. Swans by 13.

Veterans List
    I've just got back from a few weeks away so my first game for ages was the Hawks shocker. However, in the few days before I watched the Dogs and Port game and was happy with the wins but very unimpressed with how sloppy our games were. Of course, we are playing a lot of young players so the team won't seem perfectly drilled but until we start to get structures a lot closer to perfect we'll win on talent but lose on discipline.

So I expect us to win this one and the one after but will need to show more for the Tigers (!) and Blues and a lot more for the Pies.

I'm coming down for this game? Is there an aftermatch? Who will I see there? Scott?

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I've just got back from a few weeks away so my first game for ages was the Hawks shocker.
    So it was your fault huh ?

They lost to Brisbane..... we SHOULD win very easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace View Post
    They lost to Brisbane..... we SHOULD win very easily.
    They lost to a team with the best forward in the comp and i think were rightly able to point to a number of very bad umpiring decisions. they led for most of the night. I think we have to acknowledge that our skills and team is not travelling really well and coming down to melb to play a team which will be smarting after a bad loss.

I have tipped us to win without any confidence whatsoever. we barely beat the bulldogs who have had bags of goals (and I mean absolutely bags of goals) kicked against them - and we managed - was it 11 ?