Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Horse impressing anyone?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by SydAFLFan View Post
    Having said that I know we haven't taken a massive backward step as seen north of the border when Voss took over at the Lions and the future does look bright with the next generation of players all pushing for a spot in the first team.
    Voss took them to the finals for the first time in 5 seasons in his first year as coach, the backward step occurred 12 months later when he traded in Fevola

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    You are unbelievable!!!
    You continually malign the team, the club, the coach, in fact anybody with anything to do with the Swans. Have you EVER written or even thought a positive thought about the team?
    If you are what makes up the Sydney based cheer squad than no wonder the Melbourne based one is so far superior.

Oh dear Cheer Squad...constantly disagreeing with me is one thing but when you piss off the lovely Jewels you know you may have over stepped a bit.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    If you go searching for posts around Round 15 last year (we also played the Kangas) - we had that mid-season slump after being 6-1 to start the year, we had unexpectedly capitulated to Richmond the previous weekend. The posts there were as uncomplimentary as they are now and Roos copped a fair bit of heat at the time too (too defensive, prefers experience over youth, should leave now not at the end of the season etc.). So while the coach may have changed, posters around here are as unforgiving in their scathing criticism and vitriol directed at the team and staff. The funny thing is, to me at least, is that if we win this weekend those same people will be the first to lavish undying praise and paint what a bright outlook there is for the coming week. There really is no middle ground for them.
    Roos isn't really the issue here, but the fact is that he'd already announced his decision to quit by then meant that some of his shortcomings were more easily forgiven or ignored. Had he been in charge this season with the same results I don't doubt he would have been in for some criticism.

Unless we win by 100+ points I doubt anybody will be lavishing undying praise as the quality of the opposition is poor and a good team should defeat them comfortably. It will be an interesting week here if lose though!

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    If you go searching for posts around Round 15 last year......
    ...and every year before that at some stage. I'd imagine after the StKilda game in 2005 it would have been a similar story...

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    If it doesn't interest you, don't read it.
    The problem is, you have to read it before you know it's bollocks.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

What I dont get is how on earth Jetta is still getting a game??
    I dont like to pay out on our players, but in all honesty, he's been next to useless for the last 3-4 weeks now.
    What must players like Moore and Bevan be thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post

Oh dear Cheer Squad...constantly disagreeing with me is one thing but when you piss off the lovely Jewels you know you may have over stepped a bit.
    Love ya Al!

Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    .....What must players like Moore and Bevan be thinking?
    They may be thinking 'Gee, and here I was thinking that they'd destroyed all the negatives...'
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

What I dont get is how on earth Jetta is still getting a game??
    I dont like to pay out on our players, but in all honesty, he's been next to useless for the last 3-4 weeks now.
    Sorry Johnno but you lost me when comparing a winger with 2 snails that are best as small forwards only. If you want to name a player that can replace Jetta on the wing then I'm all ears. (Jetta was good against Port but along with a thousand other players was poor against the Hawks)
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Probably "We mustn't forget to send Sheeds a birthday card" or" I wonder what the accommodation is like at Rooty Hill ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    ...and every year before that at some stage. I'd imagine after the StKilda game in 2005 it would have been a similar story...

The problem is, you have to read it before you know it's bollocks.
    O,k now that we have established you've read this thread and just dismissed it all as" bollocks". The least you can do is give an explanation to justify your ridiculously scathing comment, as it stands it's just shallow rubbish.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Probably "We mustn't forget to send Sheeds a birthday card" or" I wonder what the accommodation is like at Rooty Hill ?"
    Hehehe, now that's funny!

Veteran Site Admin
    This thread kinda reminds me of when teenagers are given two games in the senior team at the start of their career and then written off as "not up to it".

Look at what Geelong fans thought about Thompson during an inept 2006, or Pies fans were saying about Malthouse two to three years ago. And those were two experienced coaches with several years under their belts to get to know their players and meld them into a coherent team.

I am baffled as to why anyone would want to make judgement - good or bad - on a bloke just 9 games into his senior coaching team, who to date has achieved with his squad pretty much the same as they achieved last year under a different coach.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast