Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Worst win we've had for a long time.

Blog Entries

Worst win we've had for a long time.

That has to one of the worst games I've sat through.
    I was relieved at the end, but so bitterly disappointed we didn't nail their arses to the side of Etihad Stadium like we should have.

Defence played well.
    Midfield struggled.
    Forward line struggled worserer.

Some changes need to happen to get this team back into the winning ethos.

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Having missed the game today due to commentary duties in the Sydney AFL, should I bother to watch my IQued game? Was it crap enough to override the absolute euphoria of beating those pricks, regardless of the margin?
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

We didn't play well but it was a brave and courageous effort so i'll be watching a replay next week.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Watch it, Rhodesy. It is always a good day to beat North. Patches of the game had some great play.. and you know we won, so the missed shots and turnovers won't bother you as much as watching it live

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Remember '96. Always good to see us beat those pricks. Worth it to see stellar efforts by Shaw, Grundy and Kennelly and a fine cameo by Jetta.

Blog Entries
    Basically they went forward when they got clear posssession with ease, and scored. Usually minors.
    Defence held up well under pressure.
    We struggled to go foward, and struggled to score.
    Still not sure how we won.

Oh yeah that's right a Sub named Jetta, finally got to do what he does best, run, and run fast.

Played north back into the game on so many occasions , the way the ball is coming into the 50 is a disgrace . Didn't think the forward pressure was what it should have been ball came out to easy . Not having Mumford hurts and it showed in the clearances . Thank god for the backline today saved our bacon big time ... If we play like that v Carlton at the dome in a few weeks we will get beat by 100

Warming the Bench
    Hopefully this game will prove one thing....

Pyke is most definitely better then Seaby

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Kirk View Post
    Hopefully this game will prove one thing....

Pyke is most definitely better then Seaby
    Agreed. Lets just hope Horse sees how influential Mummy is and gives him the proper back up. Then all we need to do is get TDL in the team and get another dozen games into our young boys and get the team gelling.

Sam Reid is just quality quality quality. I don't care what ND pick # we got him at, if it was anything below #5 it was a freakin' bargain. He just has super-sticky fingers, runs to the right spots and presents all day. Promising signs from Johnston and Parker too, and Johnson #34 showed real poise and maturity beyond his years on occasion. Shaw amazing and just had one of those days out, while only accumulating about 8 possessions! Also possibly Bird's best game for us since the big injury?

Apart from those individual highlights and it being nice to grind out a win, yep, just a poor match where you gratefully take the 4 points but have to move on quickly.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Any win against those arseholes Norf will do. God i hate those pricks so much and their supporters are all a bunch of dimwits (the very few that they have).
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Senior Player
    I always think back to when the saints tore us a new one during '05 (and look how the rest of that season developed) Last week reminded me of that night, and then yesterday did little to put much of a smile on the face.

BUT, a win is a win...so many new kids..so many GOOD new kids..Jack to return..Pike to come in to help Mummy, and to get another strong body around the forward line..tantalising prospect of TDL hanging over the forward line..and , of course, the mouth watering dreams that Jesse and Braddie might effectively reappear..and we are still 5 and 3 with the extra cpl of points for that draw.

Nah, I'm a glass half full man..there is good stuff to come, albeit wrapped some dreadful moments as this all gells.. we're doing Ok.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast