Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rhyce Shaw and Nick Smith better poll in TLM

Warming the Bench

Rhyce Shaw and Nick Smith better poll in TLM

Just wanted to mention that i would hope that Smith and Shaw are getting your votes for the TLM this week. They were absolutely terrific.
    Probably Shaw's best game for the club and was very humble in the post match interview. Curbed Harvey all game and made some big plays himself.
    Smith was everywhere and although he didn't dominate the possesion count i thought that everytime we were in trouble he would appear and make a contest or a good decision with the ball. He will be a very important player for us.

Special mention to McGlynn who showed a lot of blood spirit when the whips were cracking and Bird who isn't one of my faves but definitely started to change my opinion of him with that game. Jetta super sub brilliant

Dishonourable mention Adam Goodes learn how to mark the football

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger1300 View Post
    Just wanted to mention that i would hope that Smith and Shaw are getting your votes for the TLM this week. They were absolutely terrific.

Smith was everywhere and although he didn't dominate the possesion count i thought that everytime we were in trouble he would appear and make a contest or a good decision with the ball. He will be a very important player for us.

l
    Yep, he plays with this same assuredness nearly every week. Certainly one of my favourites.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Veteran Site Admin
    I was surprised to read how few possessions Shaw had. Watching the game, it looked like he was getting his hands on the ball more than the stats say. I think that is because the possessions he did have were particularly noticeable / important. When the Swans need to inject a bit of energy into their play after that very lethargic first quarter, he was the one that signalled that they needed to start running harder. Very good game (and I actually think he's been much better all season than many give him credit for - especially with his defensive stuff).

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I was surprised to read how few possessions Shaw had. Watching the game, it looked like he was getting his hands on the ball more than the stats say. I think that is because the possessions he did have were particularly noticeable / important. When the Swans need to inject a bit of energy into their play after that very lethargic first quarter, he was the one that signalled that they needed to start running harder. Very good game (and I actually think he's been much better all season than many give him credit for - especially with his defensive stuff).
    Yep, totally agree. Gets a pasting for his occasional turnovers and very little credit for the things he does well (stopping key players and getting the team going).
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    As the club website said, the key to beating the Kangas is to stop Boomer. Rhyce did it handsomely and managed to be creative so I gave him 3. Not mentioned in any paper's BOG list. Hard then to choose between Bird, Smithy, Ben and Reg.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I had Goodes and McVeigh... Was that wrong??
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I had Goodes and McVeigh... Was that wrong??
    They're both in the other thread!!

Regular in the Side
    As I mentioned in another thread, Shaw got 3 votes from me. Smith was also in my best players.

I loved the desperation of Shaw, in particular his tackle towards the end when he held the North player in a bear hug and was not going to let him go!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Margie View Post
    As I mentioned in another thread, Shaw got 3 votes from me. Smith was also in my best players.

I loved the desperation of Shaw, in particular his tackle towards the end when he held the North player in a bear hug and was not going to let him go!
    That was Petrie!!
    It was like hugging a tree.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    That was Petrie!!
    It was like hugging a tree.
    That runs in the family!

Just wanted to mention I still have not seen the match (which is becoming a broken record). This week should be different though

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    That runs in the family!

Just wanted to mention I still have not seen the match (which is becoming a broken record). This week should be different though
    You might like the highlights clip that bloodsbigot has put up on youtube - about 10 minutes or so.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger1300 View Post
    Neither of them got my votes but, obviously, that doesn't mean they weren't deserving.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast