Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many Swans are the giants going to poach over summer ?

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    White will go to GWS and reinvent himself as a key defender. The Swans will facilitate this. We have enough key defenders, White won't be able to get a game either forward or back.

Just a gut feeling. White will be in the AFL next year, but not with the Swans, and most likely GWS.
    Yeah I'm with you on this one BSA5, sadly.

I think we should look at him in defence for an extended period in the 2's, and if he turns out to be a revelation... then keep him or trade him, either way we'll do better than his current market value.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Bevo and Moore, and we wont get much for them but they'll be pretty handy in the GWS line up. Probably White as well

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    White will go to GWS and reinvent himself as a key defender. The Swans will facilitate this. We have enough key defenders, White won't be able to get a game either forward or back.

Just a gut feeling. White will be in the AFL next year, but not with the Swans, and most likely GWS.
    That would be great news for Jesse and for us.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Nipper Gordon may be looking for opportunities.

You'd have to think thet KJ is a target. If there was perceived PR value in Folau, then so too would there be in the son of a (Leaguie) gun. He is also renowned (according to Teddie) to be be fond of the dracmar (genetic - they used to tell the same tales of his Dad).

White, Moore and Bevan may think that they can squeeze some extra retirement funds out of their careers by moving on and then there is ROK and NicMal who may be interested in healthy twighlight pay days.

All of the above would be good value to Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    You'd have to think thet KJ is a target. If there was perceived PR value in Folau, then so too would there be in the son of a (Leaguie) gun. He is also renowned (according to Teddie) to be be fond of the dracmar (genetic - they used to tell the same tales of his Dad).
    Kizza signed a 3 year deal last year so he won't be going anywhere.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

On the Rookie List
    I think White and Bevo are definatly going. Also a roughie if he doesn't get picked soon perhaps TDL. I'd hate to see us lose TDL

If they don't get Taylor Walker then White is a big chance to go you would think.

What a year 2005 SSFC/CFC
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Kirk View Post
    Hopefully the swans didnt pay as much for tom mitchell as i have heard otherwise there wont be much room at all in the cap.
    The word was that the Peewees (sorry Giants) approaches pushed Mitchell's cost up considerably. But by all accounts he is worth every penny.
    Sports do not build character. They reveal it....Heywood Broun

I always turn to the sports pages first, which record people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures......Earl Warren

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If they do take the White meat I hope they at least poach it in stock to boost the flavour.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

White, TDL and Currie........ Probably already talking to Sheedy about contracts.....

Veterans List
    Not sure why they'd chase those guys that can't make our best 22. Subject to contract status, in GWS shoes I'd be chasing Hanners, Kennedy, McGlynn, Jack, Grundy and/or Mal.

I'm glad Kieran Jack's unpoachable then! But so help me, if the Giants (I like the thought of calling them the Peewees) grab TDL or McGlynn I'll be mad. Hanners is safe too isn't he? I think I recall him signing a long contract as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast