Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many Swans are the giants going to poach over summer ?

Senior Player
    I expect TDL to be heavily targeted.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Nick Smith

I'm desperately hoping that the puff piece on the AFL site last week is an indication that he has or is close to signing a contract extension.

His manager also represents Haren, Alex Johnson and Rohan (+ Hanners & Otten)...perhaps the Swans can get them thrown in as steak knives?

If I were looking for players for a new team, I'd be targeting players with 50-100 games, or fringe players who can't get a steady gig in the seniors. They are the ones willing to move clubs to get a regular senior game, TDL, White, are the two most likely targets, I think the whole KJ thing of a league convert has past, he's an AFL player now and they have Folau. They might go after a couple of senior players for leadership, and I might trade out a few who are getting on in years, and bring in more young blokes, get some of GWS draft picks, the high ones. I'd hate to see us lose key players like Benny, Kennedy. Hopefully they look elsewhere for most of their players
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by RTTF View Post
    I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Nick Smith

I'm desperately hoping that the puff piece on the AFL site last week is an indication that he has or is close to signing a contract extension.

His manager also represents Haren, Alex Johnson and Rohan (+ Hanners & Otten)...perhaps the Swans can get them thrown in as steak knives?
    Really good!

Mattner builds for a prosperous future

Good to know, also nice to see they used the right photo

Veterans List
    GWS won't be signing fringe players, have a look at the type of class that Gold Coast signed, that's what GWS will be looking at.

A new club full of kids needs big bodies and leadership, they won't chase really young players as they have a shed full of them and they won't chase anyone with behavioural problems because young kids don't need distractions. They won't chase players that aren't top 22 straight away and they won't chase players 28/29 or older.

If they want someone from us, think a top 10 player and that will be their target, so just rate our list, delete the oldies and there you have the GWS targets in our team. We'll get somthing like a ND pick at the end of the first round to be used at the 2012-2016 ND.

As for Tom Mitchell, he is on a fixed salary for his first two years as are all other draftees, it's from 2014 onwards he can command much bigger $ and I hope he is so good that he deserves them.

So give us your top ten Swans players aged 21 - 27 this year.

Nathan Krakouer, Sam Iles, Danny Stanley, Josh Fraser and Daniel Harris were all fringe players.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123