Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New target man

New target man

I think one thing that is really missing to our side in order to become a strong contender is that one big forward. Hally provided that for the time being he was at our club and i think we need someone of his calibre in order to mount a strong chance of winning the grand final in the future. Good call bad call?

Warming the Bench
    Good call people are already talking up sammy reid and once he has a lot of experience and knows the game a bit more he will be very good, and he needs to bulk up a bit.

I think it was Liam Pickering on the AFL Teams show said that in 5 years they will be talking about him in the cailbre of a N Riewoldt or Brown.

On the Rookie List
    we all wanted Jesse White to be 'that guy' but now I'm not sure if he will be ... for us anyway
    follow me on twitter harbourviewsafl

Good call and agree 100%, since we lost Magic and Hally we have had no Foward line at all, I mean just re watch the Hawks game, there was noone home! I was hoping Jesse White would step into that space. We also need someone to help out Jude in the midfield and we also need an attack and of course a top defender! Until we get a team of at least 5 or 6 gun players, we will just make up numbers in the 8!

Sam is the man. No doubt. Let's hope he can continue down the path to reach this destination. He has the build, the hands, the pace, the 2nd efforts - just need to get his kicking boot right. He is looking like a great prospect.

I don't like Pickering one bit but I believe he has this one right.

Reid is a CHF. Fantastic to have, but not what we're lacking. Johnston could make a good FF, but it's too early to tell, and he has played most of his (forwardline) footy as a CHF/HFF at ressies level.

Fev?
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Reid is a CHF. Fantastic to have, but not what we're lacking. Johnston could make a good FF, but it's too early to tell, and he has played most of his (forwardline) footy as a CHF/HFF at ressies level.

Fev?
    Everytime you think about where can we get a power forward you can't help thinking about Fev and then reason comes in and you think what happened to Voss and the Lions and you say "No Way!"

But what a terrible waste of talent!

Warming the Bench
    i reckon he would be worth a look but dont pay him much at all.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Fev?
    No way!

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Kirk View Post
    i reckon he would be worth a look but dont pay him much at all.
    For some reason, I tend to agree.

Too dangerous. Sydney have done well on their clean image and they trade off it. If we were to have some real bad news stories to come out it can be pretty detrimental. I actually would entertain it but it will NEVER happen.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    For some reason, I tend to agree.
    Could a leopard change his spots? Could Fev reform? The dangers I see in even giving this guy a go is the large number of young players we have. He is a poor role model and could adversely influence them through slackness on the track and disruption to their social life plus gambling! If my son just happened to be one of these youngsters and he got hooked on gambling I might consider suing the club! The small upside in having a ready made power forward would be destroyed by long term damage. Learn from the Lions! Leave Fev out of the loop where he deserves to be!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast