Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sydney's Big Spend on Gun Forward

If we have 1 million spare in the cap at the end of this year, we should allow some or all of that for protecting our players aginst GWS. No use buying Mitch Clark if we've got no money to counter offer them stealing Reid, Rohan, TDL ,etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Mitch Clark is actually quite disappointing as a key forward. His best games have been when he's played in the ruck, such as in 2009 when the Lions lost Leuenberger and Charman for most of the year, or when he's given a licence to roam around the ground like he did last week against the Crows.
    On League Teams last night they were talking about him going home to become a back up at Freo as a ruckman to the Sandi man.

Taylor Walker was the other mentioned in the terror article but I think after the last few weeks he's projecting himself as Fev off field rather than on.

Just a lazy article from a journo who caught the news about Bradshaw and thought that article would pay for a few cartons of beer.

The days of the "gun" full forward are but a memory just like ruckmen without teeth.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    we should allow some or all of that for protecting our players aginst GWS.
    See, the gin epidemic is spreading. Holy Juniper berries Batman !!!!!!!
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Maybe we could get Buddy Franklin, i heard Chris Pelchin just resigned from the Hawks. Maybe a deal would be easier to broker now.

Veterans List
    I think we have enough talent coming through and just need to be patient. I'm still hoping that White makes the grade, such an impressive package just needs the confidence to be at the forefronr all game not just for snippets, he's the modern type KP forward.

Think the spare salary cap could be better spent elsewhere and we won't have the draft picks to get a gun deal done anyway.

Our drafters are looking like stars given the talent they've snared in the past few drafts with low rated picks.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyfabulous View Post
    Maybe we could get Buddy Franklin, i heard Chris Pelchin just resigned from the Hawks. Maybe a deal would be easier to broker now.
    Auw yeah he'd go ok....

Just wild about Harry
    I used to be of the opinion that we should park a ruckman up in the forward line, but the problem with that is that he will be taken by a tall defender and simply let their two ruckmen run our one ruckman off his feet.
    Like everyone else here I see White as the answer, but the problem is we havent really worked out what the question is. Is he back or forward? Our dreams would come true if he realised he had a big body and played accordingly (the man is a bear!) but I have the feeling that he is a full forward with the mindset of a forward flanker.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    It will be ironic if Israel Folau works out as a power forward for the Giants. He's started kicking goals for them in that position.
    I know we are in an era of the modern game and the forward press and all that but I wouldn't be surprised if Folau learns that afl can be as simple getting the ball, shaking everyone off and then just kicking straight.

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Gerard Healy reckons we're one KP forward short of a gun team. In this story on Sam Reid:
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1226067585164
    It's an exciting thought, and it's not unreasonable.

We got off to a flying start last year, and were hammered with injuries to KPP all at once - Bradshaw broke down, Seaby broke his ankle and McGlynn was injured.

Then we got blown away by Geelong, and the momentum was lost, but we ultimately recovered really well, won a thrilling final, and were only a kick away from a preliminary final.

If we can permanently solve our forward line problems in the near future, and the team clicks as a unit, I'm sure we could genuinely consider ourselves to be "thereabouts" as they say. Gearing up for a real tilt in a season or two.

How about a $1mil bonus to Jesse if he kicks 100 next year

I'm getting paranoid now about all this talk of GWS stealing our youngsters (and my optimism for the team). I think we have great young players and I'm more positive for the future of the club than I have been for a long time.
    More on topic I'd think Jack Riewoldt would be a great option; and hes only 22 years of age. Does anyone know when his contract runs out?

I'm sadly sobering up but a few hours ago a thought popped in my head - Pyke is the answer. To what question I don't know, just saying.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast