Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 12 V Richmond

Happy and I know it
    Doubt that Jack will play next week -
    Swans upbeat with Mumford close - AFL.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Going by this post and the one in the gameday thread, you surely must be trolling? I don't think I've seen such negativity after a huge win.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by BRISWAN View Post
    Happy with the first half but we failed to go for the jugular.
    Good sides do this and play out the four qtrs.
    I call bull@@@@ on that.

I don't have the stats and I'll let somebody with more time on their hands to get them if they please, but from my observation over many years is, when sides put on a clinic and lead by 10 goals or more at halftime, they frequently either lose or barely win the second half. Seen it many many times before with good sides and bad.

It's just the nature of the beast that the intensity drops away a little after the break. The big blowouts nearly always come when sides take control in the 3rd quarter and blow them away with 10+ goal last quarters where sides being obliterated don't have the luxury of rejigging and regrouping at halftime...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I call bull@@@@ on that.

I don't have the stats and I'll let somebody with more time on their hands to get them if they please, but from my observation over many years is, when sides put on a clinic and lead by 10 goals or more at halftime, they frequently either lose or barely win the second half. Seen it many many times before with good sides and bad.

It's just the nature of the beast that the intensity drops away a little after the break. The big blowouts nearly always come when sides take control in the 3rd quarter and blow them away with 10+ goal last quarters where sides being obliterated don't have the luxury of rejigging and regrouping at halftime...
    That's my thoughts as well. It'd been disappointing if we'd only won by 5 goals after that lead but we pretty much broke even with a side desperate to save face in front of their home fans so it was pretty good effort.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    That's my thoughts as well. It'd been disappointing if we'd only won by 5 goals after that lead but we pretty much broke even with a side desperate to save face in front of their home fans so it was pretty good effort.
    Agree. Its really hard to know how any Swans supporter could be disappointed with last nights win.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Agree. Its really hard to know how any Swans supporter could be disappointed with last nights win.
    +1

On the Rookie List
    No change IMO, the team we had on the park the other night should be enough to account for the tigers at home....bring mummy and jack back cherry ripe for the blues game the week after, whom didnt we only play about 5 weeks ago???

Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    No change IMO, the team we had on the park the other night should be enough to account for the tigers at home....bring mummy and jack back cherry ripe for the blues game the week after, whom didnt we only play about 5 weeks ago???
    Yep -- Jack's last game before hobbling off.

He can come back on and immediately resume keeping Judd quiet & accountable. It'll be like he's had a 5-week half-time break.
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Although I believe we should play 2 ruckman, I don't believe we will.

Just because it worked against Footscray and it will stop us burning the Mummy out again, I am pretty sure the Swans will adhere to the "replacement rule killed the second ruckman" school of rehashed banality.

So unless the Mummy gets another week off, I'll see you at 10.30 Mr Seaby.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I am!!! I had us to win by under 39.5 points in my weekly multi....and what do they do??? They go on to win by over 10 goals!!!!

VERY VERY ANGRY!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    I am!!! I had us to win by under 39.5 points in my weekly multi....and what do they do??? They go on to win by over 10 goals!!!!

VERY VERY ANGRY!!!!!
    Ah well you will waste your money Tut Tut....

Out: BRISWAN
    In: Footyhead

Its a like-for-like swap, but I'd like to see Footyhead get a run next week just so that we can compare the two.

It was the same with Seaby and Pyke - until I'd seen both of them play this year, it was hard to be sure that Pyke had caught Seaby (although Seabs is probably still working back to the form he showed last year). We haven't seen Footyhead for what feels like years - give him a crack !
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast