Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Today's crowd v Richmond

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is the third bad weather home game so far this season? Must be frustrating the financial controllers a bit.

I reckon there'll be about 23k, bad weather/against Richmond/long weekend- it being the third bout of not nice weather out of six home games will start to whittle folks down a tad.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    If I wasn't under cover there is no way I'd be going. If that makes me fair weather then guilty as charged. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to sit in the rain and admire anyone that can.
    A few years ago on the Queens Birthday weekend we played St Kilda at the SCG on a Saturday night. It poured and poured and poured. It was my Father in laws only game he has been too. I admired that he stayed until the end. BTW we lost that game by 2 points!
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Official crowd figure - 23,782

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    Not a bad effort.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

A few showers but it didn't really bucket down until about halfway through the last quarter. Not turning up cos of the weather is soft I'm afraid. My 6yo daughter was given the option and she still wanted to go. She said that if it rained, she'd put on a raincoat. Sounds fairly straightforward to me.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    A few showers but it didn't really bucket down until about halfway through the last quarter. Not turning up cos of the weather is soft I'm afraid. My 6yo daughter was given the option and she still wanted to go. She said that if it rained, she'd put on a raincoat. Sounds fairly straightforward to me.
    Hear, hear. Sounds like your daughter is one of our true supporters.

You have to go back to 1995 for a smaller crowd against the Tigers at the SCG.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The weather was awful, and it's the 3rd of 6 home games that have been in bad weather (this one probably the best of the 3, in the end). The attendance to the other 2 has still been pretty strong, despite the weather. I don't blame people for not coming today.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Call me crazy, but I like a good dog fight in the rain. I love getting deep into the 4th quarter when the game is in the balance, leaning over the fence when the play comes close, revving the players up.
    Nostre Damus. I was right there next to you, perhaps.

My daughter and I lasted through the drizzle and were singing in the rain at the full time siren. Having travelled up from Melbourne, we were never going to pike it.

Good crowd. All things considered. Made some good noise when we had to.

I would have been there only I had to go to work.
    Red & White forever.

Good crowd considering the conditions.
    Red & White forever.

I have my spot in the Noble Stand well under cover. Not this game. the rain drifted in and we all got wet. All the seats were wet right up to the walkway. Got my thermals on. Not enough. Going shopping for a WOOL or PASHMINA scarf to wrap around my face. If it seemed a little quiet I was clapping with gloves on (poof poof poof, its not the same sound). Left not long after full time. Pelting rain. Ran off my weather proof head and body cover, needed wipers for my glasses, inside of my car now smells like a wet animal. I don't say I like a wet day game, its just that it hasn't yet occurred to me to miss one because of rain! One day it will I am sure. But not yet.

BTW. Didn't mind this mob of Tiger supporters. Seemed even half way reasonable.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

On the Rookie List
    Yesterday would have been miserable if we'd lost. Getting the four points somehow is a very warming feeling!!! Felt like it was going to snow at times it was so cold, even up in the MA Noble. The Clubs been very unlucky to have such crappy conditions for three games ( Carlton, Cats and Tigers) which would ordinarily draw thousands more through the gates.
    Run2Live,Live2Run

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast