Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Today's crowd v Richmond

I think what people need to remember is that this is a winter sport. We have just come out of a 10 year drought and we are now returning to normal rain fall. The drought meant we have been spoilt with the weather for watching footy. I remmeber sitting at the Lake Oval in the pouring rain in the 70's whilst watching the game being played in a mud heap. But then my wife asks me about the dinosaur races at half time when I mention that at home!
    Does God believe in Atheists?

That wasn't the wettest but had to of been the coldest with wind chill of our SCG games this year. I managed to not put a poncho on sitting down the front of Bay 29, I did get wet but it wasn't terrible. I think the lack of goal scoring made me feel the cold as I warmed up again at the end of the 4th Quarter as the boys lifted again.
    Swannies haiku
    Harbour with white swan
    The flag shall be yours again
    Destiny repeats

Our seats are front row downstairs in the Messenger Stand. When we arrived the whole of the front row of seats was wet; we had our Prem Club seat cushions and the people either side of us had brought towels. Because of the wind, the rain and the runoff from upstairs blew in through the whole match. All made the whole thing uncomfortably damp, but so glad we went to see the win. It was illness rather than weather that made it a question yesterday morning.
    Conrad

Ahhhh, the beauty of being red zone members and sitting in the Noble -
    nice day=front row, in the sun and warm,
    wet day=up the back, undercover and dry!

On the Rookie List
    Down front of the Noble stand, was nice and rugged up, 3 ponchos buttoned together, gloves and a lovely swans 'throw' underneath. Didn't want to leave at full time as was so warm and toasty.
    I'm not arrogant, I'm right

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234