Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 14 v Pies. Wouldn't it be funny if ...

The script usually reads - "Swans off to a slow start. Goodes with a couple of behinds. Pies leading by 6 goals at the end of the first. Pies maintain a 6 goal lead until half-way through the final quarter when we boot a couple in a row to give us all some hope. Pies kick another and shatter our dreams again".

Quote Originally Posted by DLBIA14 View Post
    I've resigned myself to not winning this game. We've got no chance if we can't beat Carltank, but even if we do I can't see how it is possible. They're going to have massive ins, will all be fresh and raring to go and we are most likely going to get smashed into oblivion.
    Maybe we should take the week off and fly to Arizona instead. Let the ressies play the Maggots, they need some competition.

I just want to beat them so much.

I'm going out on a limb on this one and putting $50 on the Swans, the odds should be sooo good
    Hardly ever punt on the games in the H&A season except this one as a tradition of mine.... Not confident of a win but in the off chance we do get up it will make that victory that much sweeter lol.
    Swannies haiku
    Harbour with white swan
    The flag shall be yours again
    Destiny repeats

WE NEVER BLOODY WIN THIS MATCH! omg i hate this game why cant we just play at scg were we might stand a chance. not even going to bother watching this

One day we will win this match. It will come. You just gotta have faith....
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Seriously, seriously hoping this happens. Would be a pisser.

On a side note, anybody think that this year might be the year? Our game-style has changed, we're much more direct, and direct play, if done right, can penetrate the forward press. If we can get on top in the clearances, and go long and direct over the Collingwood defence.....
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    WE NEVER BLOODY WIN THIS MATCH! omg i hate this game why cant we just play at scg were we might stand a chance. not even going to bother watching this
    Im pretty much the same, although the last couple of years ive done the four goal limit then turn off, where when collingwood gets to 4 goals up I no longer watch the game, just cant stand losing to them!

Just wild about Harry
    But apart from all this, do you think we have a chance?

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Isn't it that we always came off a split round?? And both of us had the previous week off?
    Yes, so the bye to Collingwood will make no difference. It may help the SWans to be a bit more focused.

I missed the game in 2005 against the Pies because of serious illness and we won. Having attended all the games between the Swans and Pies (including those in Melb) since, I have made a deliberate decision to let my newly converted neice take some friends to the game.

In that way, the Swans may get some more fans and I'll be snuggly tucked up in front of the telly. It's not that I think they'll get flogged AGAIN or anything like that.

We have about as much chance in winning against the Pies as a dentist has in making money from the Collingwood cheer squad.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    Not sure why you think the SCG would afford us any particular advantage against Collingwood. It certainly didn't against Geelong, Carlton and especially Hawthorn.

Nonetheless, our record against Collingwood at ANZ makes for grim reading.

In eight games there, we've led at quarter time once, half time once, three-quarter time twice, and full time, twice. Those two games we led at three quarter time were the games we won.

Overall, out of a total of thirty-two quarters played at Homebush, we've won eleven - one first quarter , one second quarter , four third quarters, and surprisingly, five fourth quarters . And we've been held goal-less in two second quarters , and one fourth quarter .

These statistics are also reflected at Etihad and the MCG when we've played Collingwood there recently - we win a couple of final quarters, and go nowhere near them for the rest of the match.

The evidence suggests we've been getting off to very slow starts against Collingwood, because they're either applying superior pressure, or they've got us psyched out before we run onto the field. Probably a combination of both.

Be even funnier if this ash cloud stopped the Pies getting to ANZ all together and we take the field by ourselves. Needing just a point to win, Goodes sprays the kick out of bounds on the full and with no one to kick it in, the match is declared a draw.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast