Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Rnd 14 v Pies. Wouldn't it be funny if ...

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by laughingnome View Post
    GoSouth keeps the flame of Good Hope burning, and I'll stand with him

Someday guys, someday...
    I agree completely! The season will be 2077, 72 years after the Swans last win.

On a more serious note, although Horse is yet to reach the greatness of Roosy as a coach, it will be interesting to see if he is an improvement on a coaching match up with Mick Malthouse. With the exception of the Swans Round 6 2003 victory, I always believed that Malhouse had a much greater coaching edge on Paul Roos, even taking into account Sydney's narrow wins in 2004 and 2005 when Collingwood were close to the bottom of the ladder and the Swans were one of the best teams in the competition, (particularly the latter year)

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Had the joy of sitting with the delightful Joshua P Kennedy
    Wardy absolutely hates you right now...
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Wow! Distinct lack of Bloods Spirit in some of these posts. Wowsers! How about some of Captain Kirk's famous commitment and determination. I'd rather be excited for the next week and a bit. As someone said, we have to play them sometime - why not now when we're struggling to decide who to leave out and they're coming off a bye and an experimental trip to the States? I'll be there with blankets for the cold, beer for the spirit, and maybe some throat lozenges to make sure I can out-shout any Pies in the vicinity. Swans by 19. Benny McGlynn, Sammy Reid and Hanners to have a day out. Daisy to have some serious chewy on his boot. Bring it on!!!
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    Wow! Distinct lack of Bloods Spirit in some of these posts. Wowsers! How about some of Captain Kirk's famous commitment and determination. I'd rather be excited for the next week and a bit. As someone said, we have to play them sometime - why not now when we're struggling to decide who to leave out and they're coming off a bye and an experimental trip to the States? I'll be there with blankets for the cold, beer for the spirit, and maybe some throat lozenges to make sure I can out-shout any Pies in the vicinity. Swans by 19. Benny McGlynn, Sammy Reid and Hanners to have a day out. Daisy to have some serious chewy on his boot. Bring it on!!!
    As fans we have no control over the game, we can afford to realistically pessimistic. For the players and coaching staff, it is a completely different mindset. Of couse they should be optimistic, committed and determined.

Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    It's different I know, but we bought it to the Pies in the NAB Cup. I'm keeping the faith.
    It's not that different at all. We won the second and third quarters, but once again, the slow start ended up killing us. It's the same story all the time, wherever we play them, NAB Cup or season proper. We get done in the first quarter, and can't recover. We haven't won a first quarter against them since 2004. It's ridiculous.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Not sure why you think the SCG would afford us any particular advantage against Collingwood. It certainly didn't against Geelong, Carlton and especially Hawthorn.

Nonetheless, our record against Collingwood at ANZ makes for grim reading.

In eight games there, we've led at quarter time once, half time once, three-quarter time twice, and full time, twice. Those two games we led at three quarter time were the games we won.

Overall, out of a total of thirty-two quarters played at Homebush, we've won eleven - one first quarter , one second quarter , four third quarters, and surprisingly, five fourth quarters . And we've been held goal-less in two second quarters , and one fourth quarter .

These statistics are also reflected at Etihad and the MCG when we've played Collingwood there recently - we win a couple of final quarters, and go nowhere near them for the rest of the match.

The evidence suggests we've been getting off to very slow starts against Collingwood, because they're either applying superior pressure, or they've got us psyched out before we run onto the field. Probably a combination of both.
    Great stats work Cheer Squad. (Although, not your fault, but it is depressing reading).

Dating back to the first ANZ game in 2003, the Swans have led at half time just once in the past 12 games, being in 2005 where their lead was just 5 points. And the only time in 12 games that the Swans led at quarter time was in 2004, where the lead was 7 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Wardy absolutely hates you right now...
    no I dont, not really, well maybe a little bit, damn it !!
    Last edited by Wardy; 15th June 2011 at 07:56 PM.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    So add to the Arizona Pies, Jolly Swan and the others - lets hope that they are relocated to economy class, with a spewy kid next to each of them for the duration of the various flights, and its all stops from LA - so Hawaii - hell why not Auckland - stopover night for ash reasons, then Brisbane, stopover night for ash reasons, Sydney - have to change planes and get into a cessna at Bankstown airport head to Melbourne - Oh no FOG in Melbourne so diverted to Adelaide - stop over night at the Formula One (that should @@@@ them right up!) - and lets not forget the bad prawn sandwiches for all of our Collingwood friends!!! God I hate those fat headed tattooed turds (its harsh but fair) CMON SWANS LETS MATCH EM AND THEN BEAT THEM BY JUST ONE POINT !!!!
    Last edited by Wardy; 15th June 2011 at 07:54 PM.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    I'm not saying for a minute that we'll beat the Pies, but our NAB cup quarter final showed that we CAN take the game on against them and nearly sprung an upset. I just want to see us go in with that same attitude.

Wardy, I'd take a one point win - coincidentally our last win against them was by one point!!

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    I agree completely! The season will be 2077, 72 years after the Swans last win.

On a more serious note, although Horse is yet to reach the greatness of Roosy as a coach, it will be interesting to see if he is an improvement on a coaching match up with Mick Malthouse. With the exception of the Swans Round 6 2003 victory, I always believed that Malhouse had a much greater coaching edge on Paul Roos, even taking into account Sydney's narrow wins in 2004 and 2005 when Collingwood were close to the bottom of the ladder and the Swans were one of the best teams in the competition, (particularly the latter year)
    Interesting point here as I remember Roos saying a couple of months ago that matchday tactics wasnt his strong point. Maybe he was being modest, but if Longmire proves to be a better tactician than Roos (jury is still out) and if we play like we did in parts of the NAB Cup (and if the planets all line up, etc) then dare I dream the dream?

That's the spirit, Wardy!
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234