Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why do I hate the Blues?

On the Rookie List

Why do I hate the Blues?

This weekend has got me thinking, why do I hate Carlton so much? Is this a common thing with Swans supporters or is it more individual? If it is common, can anyone tell me why? Is there any historical reason why we like to see them lose? I can understand disliking a team which has beaten us a lot, but besides earlier this year, we've dominated them over the past decade. So what is it?

I should tell you that I have a couple of mates who are Blues fans, so maybe that's it ... but I'm sure I hated them before I knew these guys ... so out there to you guys!
    follow me on twitter harbourviewsafl

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by andyn View Post
    This weekend has got me thinking, why do I hate Carlton so much? Is this a common thing with Swans supporters or is it more individual? If it is common, can anyone tell me why? Is there any historical reason why we like to see them lose? I can understand disliking a team which has beaten us a lot, but besides earlier this year, we've dominated them over the past decade. So what is it?

I should tell you that I have a couple of mates who are Blues fans, so maybe that's it ... but I'm sure I hated them before I knew these guys ... so out there to you guys!
    When the swans were in the poo, a vote was done from the other clubs to see if they would like to see the swans continue in the afl and carlton were the only club that voted against keeping us in the competition.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Kirk View Post
    When the swans were in the poo, a vote was done from the other clubs to see if they would like to see the swans continue in the afl and carlton were the only club that voted against keeping us in the competition.
    wow ... i don't like them and I didn't even know that! Cheers

Different Carlton now though. That would have been Elliot and there was a reason he had his name taken from his grandstand.

I doubt too many Carlton people would even dislike the Swans, I know that there has been much respect flowing your way thanks to players like Kirk, Kelly, Maxfield, Bolton etc. All hard but fair players, that we longed for during our bleak period.

Beside we have too much hatred bottled up for Essendon, Collingwood and St Kilda.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRay View Post
    Different Carlton now though. That would have been Elliot and there was a reason he had his name taken from his grandstand.

I doubt too many Carlton people would even dislike the Swans, I know that there has been much respect flowing your way thanks to players like Kirk, Kelly, Maxfield, Bolton etc. All hard but fair players, that we longed for during our bleak period.

Beside we have too much hatred bottled up for Essendon, Collingwood and St Kilda.
    I think it must be my mates then. They hate Sydney but I dare say it's because of me and also because we've had a bit of success. They also live in Sydney which means they're exposed to more Sydney stuff. You're right, Melbourne teams have enough hatred built up against Melbourne teams I dare say they don't bother much with us!

I think North tried to vote us out with Carlton as well.

I must say I didn't know that we tried to vote you out either.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRay View Post
    I must say I didn't know that we tried to vote you out either.
    Carlton wanted to play games in Sydney so it was all about the money. Supporters have long memories and trying to vote your club out of existence is not something easily forgotten or forgiven.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

On the Rookie List
    Cris Judd??
    Jarred Waite??
    I'm not arrogant, I'm right

Yup, John Elliott's grand idea was to get Sydney out of the competition, then have Carlton play their 11 away games in Sydney at the SCG (for a hefty fee from the AFL). For Carlton it would have meant no more travel to Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, etc, while all they would have given Sydney fans was a minute crest of the Swans' Logo on the jumper.

John Elliott can get stuffed.

Carlton had the common sense to boot him out and tear him down from the club's history, so in my books that makes Carlton on a par with every other club that isn't Sydney (except for Collingwood, West Coast and St Kilda: can't stand those guys).
    10100111001 ;-)

I was thinking the same thing as the OP ahead of the last Carlton game.

Reasons: attempted Swan genocide, 1945 Bloodbath, John Elliott, tanking, Robert Walls, the Blueblood culture of entitlement.

Then we lost that game and my inner Kirk told me that me that hate breeds bad karma.

However, deep contempt is OK.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Oh I like that Shock; I'll keep it if you don't mind. My inner Kirk.

I can't be bothered with north melbourne. but collingwood is my biggest black.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast