Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whos going to play on judd?

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    Jack is the one to tackle Judd, tackle him out of the game. Last time Judd was reasonably well held until Jack went off injured, I also like the idea of tag teaming him, inside with Kennedy and outside with JAck. We should see some interesting match ups and some different strategies this week
    yeah i agree with the first bit. But i dont think kennedy would suit that tagging role. hes a very in and under player who wins alot of our contested clearence ball so i think he should stick to that instead of tagging judd. also doesnt have the pace to go with him

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Judd is so elusive, so quick and sure on his feet, so rapid getting his arms free, so good at swerving and weaving, you just have to get to the ball somehow before he does, who can do that?

HP
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

who ever the umpires are on the night - they will fawn all over him, peel his grapes at half time - polish his head - so why waste one of our players on him, let him run on his own, he will still get 25 frees.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

MIKE PIKE - Let him tackle Judd into being substituted early... LOL

OK, really then, Jack, Bird and ROK to rotate through tagging Judd and hopefully they can control his overdrive moments!

And I would consider using 3 rucks, one at full forward, one loose in the backline and one on the ball. Stretch the height of the Blues.

Rod_

good grief ugg.....you are starting to worry me......too many stats in that head of yours....
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

So in the wash-up, it looks like LRT to do the heavy tagging on Judd.

Bit tough to ask Jack in his first full game back to shut down an inform, (mostly) firing Judd.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Maybe Birdy?
    Bird of prey: Swans' midfield menace out to give the runaway Juddernaut a bout of the blues

I don't generally believe what I read in the paper but I would expect Bird to play on him at least part of the game

I expect Bird will go to Murphy and do a good job. Murphy looks the perfect matchup for Bird imo.

I think we need to try and just limit Judd if possible, he is near impossible to stop completely for a whole game.

Kizza has done good jobs on him (Qtr 1 this year, first half EF last year) and been towelled by him (Q3 EF last year)

Joey the same, did a brilliant last qtr job to quell the Judd influence in Q4 of the EF last year after Judd threatened to rip it away single handedly, yet Judd did win it single handedly this year in Q4 leaving Joey/ROK in his wake.

Murphy has been every bit as dangerous as Judd this year. Throw Bird on him and leave him there, provided Murphy doesn't get on top of course.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Joey the same, did a brilliant last qtr job to quell the Judd influence in Q4 of the EF last year after Judd threatened to rip it away single handedly, yet Judd did win it single handedly this year in Q4 leaving Joey/ROK in his wake.
    I think JPK and ROK, particularly, have really upped the ante since the game against Hawks. ROK is going beautifully. We have improved considerably in the last few games but agree that JPK needs to bring his big game on Sunday. So I am pretty confident Blues won't have it all their own way.
    THe boys need to on from the first bounce. No slow starts.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    I think JPK and ROK, particularly, have really upped the ante since the game against Hawks. ROK is going beautifully. We have improved considerably in the last few games but agree that JPK needs to bring his big game on Sunday. So I am pretty confident Blues won't have it all their own way.
    The boys need to on from the first bounce. No slow starts.
    Hear, hear!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Goodes.

We have no one to stop Judd. Leat playing Goodes on Judd means we can hurt them the other way.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast