Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 trade targets

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    GWS will ensure that we use our first rounder and bid their first rounder for Mitchell..

Geelong got lucky back in those days being able to get GAblett and to a lesser extent Hawkins for 3rd rounders.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

As Jeffers said, it's a bidding system now.

All clubs can nominate any potential other clubs father/son before the draft. The father/son's club must then use their very next pick to exercise the option, otherwise the other club gets them.

eg.GWS say's they will use their Pick 5 for Mitchell. The Swans must use their next pick after #5 (remember this is happening before any trades etc. move the draft order around). If that is Pick 20, then they MUST use Pick 20.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by bennyfabulous View Post
    I know its a bit early, but with Braddy retiring it frees up a bit of cash and whilst watching the WB v Adelaide game tonight, i keep thinking Rory Sloane would fit in really well with us.

There would be numerous others throughout the league. Any thoughts?
    So you would replace a key posie player with a flanker? We are going to have a few KPP's getting to the end of their careers soon, Teddy & LRT, we need to draft a young KPP player

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    According to the Telegraph today (which supports what I thought) that Bradshaw signed a 3 year contract for 1.2 mill.

Doesn't that mean that the money carries over into next year so we actually don't gain any financial advantage? The other option is that they pay him over the first two years for which it worked out that for 9 games he received $133,333 per game. Well that works out same over 3 years as well.

I can see why there is not much incentive to recover.
    Not if Braddy retires. He doesn't get the money as he didn't complete the contract therefore the money goes back into the slush fund to pay for another player. Under the rules I believe the money gets credited back to our salery cap as he didn't complete the contract & therefore won't be paid this sum.

Besides which Braddy is a man of integrity, and I trust his ethics.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Not if Braddy retires. He doesn't get the money as he didn't complete the contract therefore the money goes back into the slush fund to pay for another player. Under the rules I believe the money gets credited back to our salery cap as he didn't complete the contract & therefore won't be paid this sum.
    Would depend on how the contract is structured, but generally a player is entitled to be paid his contracted amount, regardless. If he did have a third year on his contract, his retirement will likely trigger this amount to be included in the current year's salary cap. Seems a little odd that this is stipulated, but it is why Voss' career ending injury caused the Lions problems and forced them to keep him on their list for the final year of his contract, despite the fact they knew he wasn't going to play. I suspect it might also be why Fosdike delayed his retirement until the start of 2009 - ie the Swans salary cap for 2008 wouldn't allow him to retire at the end of that year. There is an injury allowance that provides clubs with some relief for a player retiring with another year or more to go on his contract but it isn't unlimited.

Is Callan Ward off contract from the Dogs this year ? or is he being targeted by GWS?- he seems pretty good (and no relation)
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    is callan ward off contract from the dogs this year ? Or is he being targeted by gws?- he seems pretty good (and no relation)
    gws.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    gws.
    oh well never mind. stil he is pretty good!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

So you would replace a key posie player with a flanker? We are going to have a few KPP's getting to the end of their careers soon, Teddy & LRT, we need to draft a young KPP player
    Its not a direct replacement, its just a player who could add a bit to our team. We have a few KPP prospects in the wings. Plus we would have draft picks and trade possibilities for others if need be.

Hmmm, Alex Johnson anyone?

I'd like to think we could aim to pick up a key forward an free agency if possible and continue to groom Reid, TDL, White and whoever else we have in mind.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    for me I am comfortable with LRT playing a bit upfront at FF as long as we have Goodes and Reid playing upfront as much as possible also

Daniel Menzel I think is an extremely dangerous player and although only 188cm he is very hard to mark up on and lethal with the boot.........which would allow us to have Rohan still being groomed to take over Tags role in the future and Menzel upfront !!! to ad lib style players

Daniel Menzel Player Profile bio - Official AFL Website of the Geelong Cats Football Club
    THat would mean I could keep my avatar. I had my photo taken with Dan Menzel, Andrew Bews and a few local Salvos for the Red Shield Appeal. He is a really nice young man, and a pretty decent footballer as well.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast