Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 trade targets

2012 trade targets

I know its a bit early, but with Braddy retiring it frees up a bit of cash and whilst watching the WB v Adelaide game tonight, i keep thinking Rory Sloane would fit in really well with us.

There would be numerous others throughout the league. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by bennyfabulous View Post
    i keep thinking Rory Sloane would fit in really well with us.
    He'd fit in really well at Collingwood or Geelong as well.

Gun.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Dustin Martin....Do I have to wake up or can I keep dreaming?
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

They won't let Sloane go. No chance! Great prospect.

Maybe we could offer over the odds, get him like we got mummy.

Quote Originally Posted by bennyfabulous View Post
    I know its a bit early, but with Braddy retiring it frees up a bit of cash ?
    According to the Telegraph today (which supports what I thought) that Bradshaw signed a 3 year contract for 1.2 mill.

Doesn't that mean that the money carries over into next year so we actually don't gain any financial advantage? The other option is that they pay him over the first two years for which it worked out that for 9 games he received $133,333 per game. Well that works out same over 3 years as well.

I can see why there is not much incentive to recover.
    Last edited by Bas; 18th June 2011 at 12:01 AM.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

most other info said $500k pa - with it being 3yrs - but i think we all know that it wuld have been 2yrs with a 3rd year option for the club
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

for me I am comfortable with LRT playing a bit upfront at FF as long as we have Goodes and Reid playing upfront as much as possible also

Daniel Menzel I think is an extremely dangerous player and although only 188cm he is very hard to mark up on and lethal with the boot.........which would allow us to have Rohan still being groomed to take over Tags role in the future and Menzel upfront !!! to ad lib style players

Daniel Menzel Player Profile bio - Official AFL Website of the Geelong Cats Football Club
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 18th June 2011 at 12:55 AM.

also it is interesting that given we a father son with our first pick........... we are in a great position ie we can give away a high pick because we can still pickup the father son pic in the 30's or 40's ????

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    also it is interesting that given we a father son with our first pick........... we are in a great position ie we can give away a high pick because we can still pickup the father son pic in the 30's or 40's ????
    Nope, we'll have to burn our first pick on Tom Michell leaving our first live pick this year in the late 30's, that's where we got Sam Reid!

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Nope, we'll have to burn our first pick on Tom Michell leaving our first live pick this year in the late 30's, that's where we got Sam Reid!
    I thought all the father/son picks were utilised in the later rounds of the draft.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I thought all the father/son picks were utilised in the later rounds of the draft.
    I may be wrong but my understanding is that if you nominate them as later picks, other clubs can pick them up with earlier picks.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast