Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: McVeigh

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Agreed.

It's called debate.
    Exactly . . . and I'm as entitled to my opinion as you are.

I do not agree with the apparently "self-evident truth" that McVeigh isn't doing his job as captain . . he does his job on the field week in and week out, he's well respected by his peers, he handles the media well, and he's reported as being a good mentor for the youngsters . . in other words: perfect captain material.

He may not star every week, and he may not be playing as well as he did in 2008, but the idea that he should be dropped or stripped of the captaincy is pure bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    Don't mind that at all Cheer Squad.......anyone got Horse's email address??
    LOL, if we're gonna establish an RWO hotline to Horse, I'd prefer that he hammer home the importance of genuine hunger to win this week, regardless of who ends up in the team...

Blog Entries
    4 goals. and a much better game.

I'm happy to give him a bake each week if he lifts like that tonight.
    Far from his best still, but much improved.

17 possessions for an outside midfielder is simply not good enough. Swan had 33. 'nuff said
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp9 View Post
    17 possessions for an outside midfielder is simply not good enough. Swan had 33. 'nuff said
    Macca was in everything a few times when it really counted. This Swan you speak of - is he generally regarded as being one of the better players in the competition?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    McVeigh led from the front tonight. If he plays like that every week I'll be a happy camper.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    McVeigh led from the front tonight. If he plays like that every week I'll be a happy camper.
    +1

+2

Credit where credit is due. McVeigh had a captain's game tonight. Well done!
    Swannies for life!

ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Glenn's Avatar
    +3

Much improved effort from McVeigh, and among the best on field for Sydney.
    Premiers 09,18,33,05

"You Irish Twit", Quote attributed to a RWO member who shall remain nameless.

Quote Originally Posted by sharp9 View Post
    Possessions aren't everything in football. What impressed me tonight was his workrate. While I'd had loved him to get more ball, he worked much harder than he has this year, and most importantly several times worked really hard to break away from his direct opponent when we were trying to rebound. Several times he managed to find space and give us a good target. That was what he was brilliant at a few years ago and that is what we need him to do. The numbers will come if he works as hard as he did tonight.

Just got back from the game.......Macca played mainly in HF line and played well

I had two ressies sitting next to me and they commented on how they though Macca was playing well also and nullifying Leon's counter also

Interestingly they commented on White and that they feel he will make it..............they said he is amazing at training and just needs time considering he was such a late convert
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast